Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello, Starting my XINJIANG adverture. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everyone,

Much like Motokai, or BigDamo, I too want to ride around Xinjiang!

I have the necessary qualities, patience, determination, and stubbornness.

However, I don't have the knowledge.

So I've joined MCM to find the answers.

Although I haven't had a lot of luck. I'm trying to find out information about prices of bikes (maybe a 200 - 250cc bike) sub 6000rmb mark. Most threads haven't talked too much about price.
    So far I know that Chinese brands are cheaper, and if I can get away with a 150cc bike it may fit my budget.

Any help would be appreciated! If I can get this thing of the ground, I'd like to make a vlog!

2. #2 Re: Hello, Starting my XINJIANG adverture. 
    6000 is a bit low unless you buy a Secondhand bike like most things in China when things are cheap then it's normally crap and you would be lucky to make it to the next town without a issue ! Never heared of a VLOG before can't wait to read more well good luck and I hope all works out well
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Hello, Starting my XINJIANG adverture. 
    How about this one: The Shineray XY150-17A, should be able to carry all your stuff, should be reliable (unlike larger displacement Shineray's) May give you pain in the ass though (literary)... Check it out here: http://www.chmotor.cn/car_detail.php?id=945

6880 yuan RMB, browse the above website for more bikes and prices... If you are outside China, Google translate may work if you're using Chrome.

4. #4 Re: Hello, Starting my XINJIANG adverture. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Tunafish, thats an awesome find mate!

That website is pretty easy to use too! I was hoping the Jialing 200 would be on there, but it seems any Jialing 150cc bike is actually more than the Shineray.

Im probably going to buy the bike, use it for a month then thats it, hence why I need costs low.

6800RMB into the Aussie dollar works out pretty decent!

5. #5 Re: Hello, Starting my XINJIANG adverture. 
    Oh Jialing 200's are one there, like this one: http://www.chmotor.cn/car_detail.php?id=1678 But at 13.800RMB, they're twice the price... Another 150 option, if you like jianling is this one http://www.chmotor.cn/car_detail.php?id=23 6600RMB, Very reliable, looks the same as the basic farmers motorcycle and can be repaired everywhere... By the way, I traveled around in the Tian Shan, with road passes of over 4000m on a Haojue 125 (with my 100kg+) most basic model, had it for years, maybe a bit less fun to ride but definitely a lot more reliable then the Galaxy SUV 223 I have right now... Just saying, you don't need 200cc to still have an epic trip...

6. #6 Re: Hello, Starting my XINJIANG adverture. 
    My personal low budget favorite is probably this one: http://www.chmotor.cn/car_detail.php?id=63 The most basic Haojue 150 model. Having owned the 125 version of this I know from personal experience how reliable it is. Haojue has a joint venture with Suzuki and I believe many bikes even come from the same factories. Also, in the countryside, in very small towns, if they have only one motorcycle dealer, it's usually a Haojue / Suzuki one. I have a friend who once bought a cheap 125 Jialing once, and that bike was a big disappointment, felt much less powerful then my 125 Haojue. Jialing is state owned, I'd go for Haojue...