Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi,

Had my bore kit fitted for awhile and happy with it, installed a 30mm carb which was a pain to set up but again was another nice boost. But as everyone who does this knows top end power tails off pretty quickly. I've read a few times someone saying they have a 200cc cam for their bike which should help with this abit and I'd like to try that as my next mod. But what engine is it off?

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by lagerlout07; 03-03-2015 at 08:34 PM.

2. #2 Re: K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bore your carb booth (rubber one) to the size of intake hole on head..
    I guess 26mm.

3. #3 Re: K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi SanoShaker

Already done that mod back when i fitted my big bore kit. Have actually ordered and its arrived yesterday a CAM SHAFT LT230-S from discussions on this forum. got one cheap so if it dont work ill bang it on ebay but will be fitting it tomorrow morning pronto. Its a pretty easy job compared to the big bore installation so will prob take me half hour to an hour to fit. Just hope it doesnt hit the valves when its warm. But ill do plenty of testing before i fire it up and take some pictures ;D

4. #4 Re: K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Fitted the Cam, was very easy to fit, difference in the bike is unreal, I've yet to set the carb, I checked the plug and it has gone very rich, no doubt from increased airflow so I'm waiting for a nice day, maybe tomorrow to do a few plug chops. All I can say is if you have added a big bore kit too your bike this is the way too go, I kept hitting the rev limiter on the test ride, usually changed gear before it hits as the previous never seemed to get there.

5. #5 Re: K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for info ! :) really interesting info, I wanted to go BBR route, but budget is limited for me, so for now new rings, and i will see what it will do. So you say, LT230s increased top end power?. thats nice, who knows what would the LT250s Cam do. ! :).. btw where you ordered it?

6. #6 Re: K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I ordered the cam of eBay from america, at the time of looking I couldn't find a 250 and now their are a few on their but double what I paid for the 230. I'll defo probably try a 250 at some point but will have to wait till I see a cheap one. I was also concerned about the 250 though about once it got hot catching valves. Like I say though, I paid £20 for 230 and was money well spent. Its nice to keep hitting the rev limiter whilst changing up and I've get to proper set the carb up again as the weather has been terrible.

7. #7 Re: K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I really trought, if LT250 (without S) cam would fit, because LT230-S cam is something like 60 bucks..
    But i think that yes... E version is more "mx style - more aggresive" propably not.
    So i guess, with LT250 cam it could work, but for now, i am not going to bbr route. and i will need atleast 26-28mm carb. btw.. what is your fuel comsuption with new carb?

8. #8 Re: K157fmi 150cc Cam Question 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I paid $92 including shopping for LT230S from junkboy66 off ebay not fitted it yet, but good conditon - for an SFM125 K157FMI flat top piston