Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 hello from arkansas 
    C-Moto Noob
    Name is john, been riding since 1958. Because of a bad knee I went to a majesty scooter....got it fixed a few years ago and am looking to go back to a bike. The chinese dual purpose 200's and 250's look real good to me as I want some thing tall. Most street bikes are a bit short. I had been riding a suz bandit 1200 and loved it. Getting a bit on the old side for a crotch rocket! Am going slower and shorter distances too.

2. #2 Re: hello from arkansas 
    Hello John.

Respect for "been riding since 1958".
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: hello from arkansas 
    Welcome! I would suggest to contact Wade Lui, the owner of Excalibur Motorsports. Tell him Simon sent you! They have a really nice enduro that I use as my daily commuter, the TMEC 200. I have one with the 17"/17" street tires, but they also have the 21/18 knobby option. I bought mine in late May and have put over 4400 miles daily commuting (33 miles round trip per day). I was run off the road in late October in a relatively slow speed accident, and still ride the bike with no repairs (I was out of work for a month with a broken clavicle and arm and broken or bruised ribs). I had to locate a rear 48 tooth sprocket out of the UK via a motorcycle accessory shop due to the odd hub shape, but if you are handy with a drill press, or know someone, you can probably make one (the stock is a 56 tooth, and even with a stock 17 front, it pretty much screams at 55 to 60 stock, while the 48 allows me to cruise at 60 and can push it to about 65 or so top speed (the top posted speed limit on my commute is 50). Plus, there are very few employees at Excalibur, so you will most likely deal with the manager, Alan, or the owner, Wade, when you need parts. They are always there (during business hours of course ) and are very competent. Try them first.

http://www.atv4usa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TMEC200-1

1-800-936-4atv or 909-591-8800

If you join us on the more North America oriented www.chinariders.net, others have been buying and seemingly liking a few of the available enduros in 200 and 229 cc form from Bashan. However, no one has needed parts or repairs as of yet, other than a few issues, but the mileage is low, so time will tell.