Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Buying 2 Jialing 150s in Zambia - looking for advice on spares 
    Oh, and please, please, please, take photos of the Jialings in Zambia--there are numerous Chinabikes all over Africa, but we never get the owners as members. Oh, and one more thing; I belong to Horizonsunlimited.com/hubb, an international adventure motorcycle group (I urge you to post there with questions), and many members have gone to Africa on large expensive BMW and KTM adventure bikes, and have found themselves getting passed by locals on 150cc Chinese bikes. Many members have given the little bikes 'props' for actually being better suited to the various African terrains than their large 800cc and larger bikes!

2. #12 Re: Buying 2 Jialing 150s in Zambia - looking for advice on spares 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Oh, and please, please, please, take photos of the Jialings in Zambia--there are numerous Chinabikes all over Africa, but we never get the owners as members. Oh, and one more thing; I belong to Horizonsunlimited.com/hubb, an international adventure motorcycle group (I urge you to post there with questions), and many members have gone to Africa on large expensive BMW and KTM adventure bikes, and have found themselves getting passed by locals on 150cc Chinese bikes. Many members have given the little bikes 'props' for actually being better suited to the various African terrains than their large 800cc and larger bikes!
    Thanks for all the helpful comments. I plan to do a ride report on ADVRider after the trip and will also post my photos here. In fact, here is my first photo of the trip: my motorcycles in their boxes coming out of the sea container in Zambia:

I have ridden on sandy roads with my big BMW 1200GS and my little Yamaha TW200: there is no question which provides the more enjoyable trip. Little is better.
    '05 BMW 1200GS
    '07 KTM 400 XCW
    '10 Honda CRF230
    '11 Yamaha TW200

3. #13 Re: Buying 2 Jialing 150s in Zambia - looking for advice on spares 
    Have a great trip post the link to your RR on ADrider if you can also please could you tell my wife "Little is better." !!!!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12