Hi Everyone,

I made a video of a nice little mountain road that leaves the S210 from the North and joins it again towards the west... it goes through some farming on the way out, I'll post the video when I get it done.

I was on my way out to explore what looked like some trails and fire roads off the S210 that I was hoping would go all the way through the canyon to the other side and link up somewhere around Miaofengshan scenic area.

The road started at a rock quarry. Lots of dogs chased me on the way up... I made a video through the rock quarry and then switched my helmet cam to take pictures. But my audio recorder didn't save the audio file! Damn.

The gravel road deteriorated slowly...

Nice scenery, though.

Turned into what I was hoping would be a quite nice trail through the canyon:

But it got worse and worse... I think it was a hiking trail.

I ended up turning my bike around on the trail (no easy task!)

And went back the way I came... :(

I took a break after all that huffing and puffing...

Then decided to use the paved roads to get to Miaofengshan scenic area...

I took the S210 to G109 to X002. X002 is the popular (nicely paved and twisty) mountain road up to the scenic areas. I found C108 from X002 and took it for a short while not knowing where it would go... so I didn't go far and then just came back to the X002 and got an early dinner at a roadside farmhouse. Now looking at the map, C108 should make a terrific loop... it's one of those nasty mountain roads that's very twisty without any forgiveness (ie if you make a mistake, you're going over a cliff and will probably die).

More pictures later and video later!