Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    The CRF250L or CRF250M are not imported through the official China Honda distributor and are therefore unlikely to be available as legally registrable/plate-able here.

YMMV
    That really does suck, I checked taobao and there is a guy there selling one for 31,000 yuan that has a Shanghai A plate but it's not included... So it's probably not registered to that plate.

In other news I went to Honda to check if they had any off-road kind of bike there and they do not. However Kawasaki do. For 22,450 you can get the KLX150. If this was a 250 or even if they made a 250 of the bike I would have one. They're not kawasaki's best eye candy I can tell you that for sure.

2. #22 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post
    That really does suck, I checked taobao and there is a guy there selling one for 31,000 yuan that has a Shanghai A plate but it's not included... So it's probably not registered to that plate.

In other news I went to Honda to check if they had any off-road kind of bike there and they do not. However Kawasaki do. For 22,450 you can get the KLX150. If this was a 250 or even if they made a 250 of the bike I would have one. They're not kawasaki's best eye candy I can tell you that for sure.

I think the reason they are not available is quite deliberate. It's to give those Zongshens and Shinerays a chance at getting some market share. I wonder what threats and guanxi goes on behind the scenes? Or am I a conspiracy theorist?

3. #23 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I wonder what threats and guanxi goes on behind the scenes? Or am I a conspiracy theorist?
    Haha, guanxi is the key to the best kind of life here.

After all none of the foreign branded bikes go above 150 it looks like I'll settle for a Chinese bike. The women did say they offer a 250 but it's a completely different bike, infact it's a race/road going bike.

4. #24 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post
    Haha, guanxi is the key to the best kind of life here.

After all none of the foreign branded bikes go above 150 it looks like I'll settle for a Chinese bike. The women did say they offer a 250 but it's a completely different bike, infact it's a race/road going bike.
    Huge mistake IMHO, just buy a CBF500 from Thailand and shove road/trail tires and paniers on it, job done.
    Sure you loose some ruggedness and suspension travel, but beats a Zonger or Shinelame anytime.

5. #25 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    C-Moto Regular
    Huge mistake IMHO, just buy a CBF500 from Thailand and shove road/trail tires and paniers on it, job done.
    That's my opinion on road trail/bikes mostly marketing and different tires. Ewan and Charlie.
    Only if you could register it then I would, I messaged a seller on taobao earlier today just to see what they would say. They say you can't register the CR250.

I've been wanting to watch the long way round for a while but can't get a good copy of it in China.

6. #26 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    Sure you loose some ruggedness and suspension travel, but beats a Zonger or Shinelame anytime.
    Wait for the Honda CB500 X better Suited for China and then put some 50/50 tyres on it will come over just need time
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #27 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Wait for the Honda CB500 X better Suited for China and then put some 50/50 tyres on it will come over just need time
    Surely it's being blocked? Think about it..BMW GS sells really well in China, Honda is a massively popular brand here too, the CB500X should be selling really well already, so you'd need to be the dumbest importer in the world or do I need a tin foil hat?

8. #28 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    Surely it's being blocked? Think about it..BMW GS sells really well in China, Honda is a massively popular brand here too, the CB500X should be selling really well already, so you'd need to be the dumbest importer in the world or do I need a tin foil hat?

Lol good point but I am sure given time IT will come over that's the point I am trying to make and should land at a good price
    Price in Thailand is 205.000 B which inc 7 % Thail VAT about 41.000rmb x40% should cover all the duty and shipping cost so I like to think
    It will be sold in China for about 58/60K Rmb now at price it worth waiting for ! IMO
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #29 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    There's a possibility given time that the Honda CB500X could be available through official local Honda distribution agent though it defies logic that out of the three CB500 (CBR500R, CB500F, CB500X) models, the 'X' model is the one left out of the equation - but as most of us realise this place is a LFZ.

To my mind the aforementioned CB500X is the most ideally suited of all three Honda CB500 models to the local conditions speaking from the experience of having ridden the model extensively for nearly two months in Thailand early 2014.

I doubt that BMW Motorrad have anything to do with blocking access to the CB500X as I cannot see that they would think the 'X' model is a direct competitor to any BMW model - to which I'd agree. The Honda CB500X rides & handles nothing like a G650GS, F700GS nor a F800GS, all three models having real adventure characteristics of which the CB500X marginally shares. That's not to say that the CB500X isn't a worthy ride or isn't up to the task as it seems an ideal platform for riding this wasteland because it is - but a true adventurer or dual-sport it is not.

YMMV
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 03-09-2015 at 02:19 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #30 Re: Reliability of your China Moto 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    There's a possibility given time that the Honda CB500X could available through Honda official local distribution agent though it defies logic that out of the three CB500 models the 'X' model is the one left out of the equation but as most of us realise this place is a LFZ.

To my mind the aforementioned CB500X is the most ideally suited of all three CB500 models to the local conditions speaking from the experience of having ridden the model extensively for nearly two months in Thailand early 2014.

I doubt that BMW Motorrad have anything to do with blocking access to the CB500X as I cannot see that they would think the 'X' model is a direct competitor to any BMW model - to which I'd agree. The Honda CB500X rides & handles nothing like a G650GS, F700GS nor a F800GS, all three models having real adventure characteristics of which the CB500X marginally shares. Thats not to say that the CB500X isn't a worthy ride or isn't up to the task as it seems an ideal platform for riding this wasteland because it is - but a true adventurer or dual-sport it
    is not.

YMMV
    Good points made Doc but these views are based on Logic ! But you more then most keep on reminding us that China is a logic free zone hehe
    But I for one do agree that the CB 500X will come to China in the near future and for sure. Based on both our experiences will had with the CB500X in Thailand but also seeing you ride off-road on your BMW !! The BMW is a more capable bike all round but is double the money to buy. So pound for pound the CB500X should be a good contender for the perfect bike for China based on price !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast