Hello forum,

I Am interested in purchasing a CJ750 Sidecar, I live in Jiangmen, Guangdong with a resident Permit and have been here for over a year. I found out last week that I am eligible for the D License (I already have a C1) and that they will let me take the practical test on a TUKTUK and they have the written test in English. One major Roadblock that I have hit in talking with Sidecar Dealers is getting the bike registered in mine or my wife's name who is chinese. I was planning to take a road trip to Lhasa with a buddy later this summer, and am adamant about having proper paperwork in case there are any issues. From the two dealers I have talked to the answers were the same, they can get us a License Plate and License Papers but in someone else's name. This goes against all my Logic too and red flags are flying, I would never in my right mind purchase any vehicle that I cannot Prove I own. It seems to open another can of worms if I receive tickets from traffic cameras as they would be mailed the person in which the bike is registered. What are the opinions other current owners have and is there any dealer in china who actually sells these bikes to customers in china legitimately. I currently own a Sachs Madass 125 that is registered to my wife, I bought it when I first arrived and have driven it sparingly until I could get an E or D license which I will be getting in the next month.

Michael Farrens