Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Yingang 300cc for sale 
    SOLD

To be more precise the buyer has put down a deposit and will hopefully pay the balance in a couple of months. I'll post more info if/when the situation changes

Well I'm very sad to say that I'm selling by beloved yingang. You can see this bikes in lots of RRs and she's been round most of China...

mmexport1423501078174.jpg

mmexport1423501086652.jpg
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 03-29-2015 at 05:08 AM.

2. #2 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    Many of you have heard me say I'd never sell her but I'm gonna have to break my promise. I'm selling her because I bought a JH600 for a trip to Tibet and since then I've stopped using the yingang so much. My plan was to keep her as a second bike for solo trips and track days and I have completely refurbished her since the last bike trip from Harbin to Shanghai. She has around 30,000 kms on the clock and I went big on the overhaul...

New 300cc engine
    New swing arm
    New shock
    New Japanese battery - can't remember the brand but it was around 650 quai so should last a while.
    New seat
    New chain and sprockets
    New handlebars and mirrors

Also -
    Forks were replaced recently and have done around 10k - they are in good condition
    The brakes have been upgraded and are very very good - the originals weren't.
    Tyres are good for another 5k to 10k

3. #3 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    She is registered and I have a load of spares that'll i'll throw in.

I'd like to get back the cost of the refurb which was 10,000 RMB, she's pretty much a brand new bike - no reason she can't do another 30,000 kms all around China!

The tank could do with a respray and I can't think of anything else that needs doing.

I'm out of China til March 23rd but can arrange test rides in Guangdong after that.

If you are interested PM me and I'll send you my wechat so I can give you more info on the bike.
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 03-10-2015 at 05:08 PM.

4. #4 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    Here are a few of the RRs that feature the bike - it's like selling a piece of my soul! I'd love to sell her to somebody who wants to do big trips - not someone who just wants to ride her to starbucks and back.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...qing-to-Hohhot

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...nces-in-7-days

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hot-to-Chengdu

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...qing-to-Urumqi

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ng-figure-of-8

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...nces-in-8-days

5. #5 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    Good luck with the sale. Interested to read how many new parts and a new engine you needed to replace with only 30.000 km
    A good testament how poorly made and built Chinese bikes are .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    Alright a little bit more info on the bike...

The original 250 engine was an absolute gem, not a single issue in all those many many bike trips. I only replaced it because the good folks at yingang had developed a 300cc version in Italy and that it would bolt straight into my bike....score! It cost 5000 odd quai but it has added a few extra horses. They also helped me to source the proper Japanese carb for the engine which cost another 600 and added yet another couple of ponies, so now the bike has considerably more grunt than the original 250 which was no slouch.

The shock was a different matter and needed replacing, unfortunately this wasn't a simple straight swap. If you delve back into the RRs you can find the report where yingang gave me a new frame for the bike because of all the free advertising I was giving them. The bike was a mark 1, originally bought and reviewed by ChinaV on MCM, which was a fun bike but certainly no tourer. The mark 2 and 3 models were much better, I have a mark 2 frame and unfortunately they didn't have have a direct replacement for the shock so I had to replace the whole swing arm (mark 3) as well. Not a big deal and the bike is now better than it's ever been with more suspension travel at the rear.

The forks had a very minor tweak in them after I dropped the bike, so were replaced - better safe than sorry.

The original mark 1 brakes were lousy, yingang admitted as much and completely redesigned the oil flow on the inside of the callipers and added a larger master cylinder to vastly improve reactivity.

So the bike is a bit of a mix of all 3 different models and rather unique because of that, I think the simple lines of the mark 1 tank are cooler than the later models so IMO it has the best of the looks with the top level performance - just my opinion tho

Yingang makes a whole range of farmer bikes and 3 wheelers, none of which I've ridden so I have no comment there. The 250 bike is a totally separate development and is very successful in South America, China and elsewhere in the world. Of course it isn't up to the standard of European or Japanese bikes but I rode it all over China in some of the most gruelling conditions you can find and it was extremely reliable. Any issues it had were minor, easily dealt with and more often than not due to my own incompetence! The yingang 250s retail at 17500 RMB and I have been saying for years, to anyone that'll listen, that they are by far the best value for money Chinese bike on the market. What we have here is probably the most powerful yingang in China today and more importantly it's a bike that makes you smile when you ride it.
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 03-10-2015 at 05:39 PM.

7. #7 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    Fuck that was a long reply!
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 03-10-2015 at 05:35 PM.

8. #8 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    Well that's all the info I have on the bike, let me know if you are in the Shenzhen area next month...
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 03-10-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by futianshenzhen View Post
    Alright a little bit more info on the bike...

The original 250 engine was an absolute gem, not a single issue in all those many many bike trips. I only replaced it because the good folks at yingang had developed a 300cc version in Italy and that it would bolt straight into my bike....score! It cost 5000 odd quai but it has added a few extra horses. They also helped me to source the proper Japanese carb for the engine which cost another 600 and added yet another couple of ponies, so now the bike has considerably more grunt than the original 250 which was no slouch.

The shock was a different matter and needed replacing, unfortunately this wasn't a simple straight swap. If you delve back into the RRs you can find the report where yingang gave me a new frame for the bike because of all the free advertising I was giving them. The bike was a mark 1, originally bought and reviewed by ChinaV on MCM, which was a fun bike but certainly no tourer. The mark 2 and 3 models were much better, I have a mark 2 frame and unfortunately they didn't have have a direct replacement for the shock so I had to replace the whole swing arm (mark 3) as well. Not a big deal and the bike is now better than it's ever been with more suspension travel at the rear.

The forks had a very minor tweak in them after I dropped the bike, so were replaced - better safe than sorry.

The original mark 1 brakes were lousy, yingang admitted as much and completely redesigned the oil flow on the inside of the callipers and added a larger master cylinder to vastly improve reactivity.

So the bike is a bit of a mix of all 3 different models and rather unique because of that, I think the simple lines of the mark 1 tank are cooler than the later models so IMO it has the best of the looks with the top level performance - just my opinion tho

Yingang makes a whole range of farmer bikes and 3 wheelers, none of which I've ridden so I have no comment there. The 250 bike is a totally separate development and is very successful in South America, China and elsewhere in the world. Of course it isn't up to the standard of European or Japanese bikes but I rode it all over China in some of the most gruelling conditions you can find and it was extremely reliable. Any issues it had were minor, easily dealt with and more often than not due to my own incompetence! The yingang 250s retail at 17500 RMB and I have been saying for years, to anyone that'll listen, that they are by far the best value for money Chinese bike on the market. What we have here is probably the most powerful yingang in China today and more importantly it's a bike that makes you smile when you ride it.
    Where's the bike located?

10. #10 Re: Yingang 300cc for sale 
    Hi NZbrakelathes - the bike is located in Shenzhen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast