Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Scott's new Shineray XY150GY-B 
    One of my coworkers here in China also decided to ride a Shineray during his time in China. His bike arrived from the factory in Chongqing today. This bike is called the Shineray XY150GY-B and is basically a clone of a 1982 Honda XL185, but with some added racks, a front disc brake and boxed steel swing arm. This bike was also fitted with the same 200cc engine as my GY-7.

The bike is much lighter than my XY200GY-7 and therefore is a lot quicker. It is also shorter and it seems much more nimble than the big GY-7. It seems like a great bike. I hope he enjoys it.

Last edited by Supersignet; 04-28-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Very Kewl bike, looks like Mike is going to have someone to go riding with now let us know how it holds up in comparison to Mikes' machine.

Looks good.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello all,

Yep, that's my bike. Rides well, and has a bit of a kick to her. I am still trying to work out her name, but it may come to me this weekend when I really open her up. I have been playing nice because this is my fist real bike and riding in china is dangerous enough without an inexperienced driver gunning it in the city streets.

To be honest, the bike feels tough and agile under me, but I had to get a couple of links added to the chain right out of the box. Thankfully I am china so that came to a total of, with parts and labor, to be around $1.50.

The differences between our bikes seem numerous, but small. My bike has a steering column lock, helmet lock, clip thing on the front rack to hold objects down, while it lacks the metal frame around the engine and huge gas tank. There may be a few more things, I will let you know as they come up.

You forgot to say that my bike is cooler than yours just beacuse it is mine

What are the gas tank capacities for both bikes?

the XY200GY-7 is 21 L

the XY150GY-B is 9 L

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    It's real this time... I am in love! My C-Moto kicks, jumps and rides like a champ. I like a tuned up machine, so I have been pestering the tiny performance shop here with every little thing, but I think the bike is just about perfect now.

I don't have much to compare it to, as my experience is limited, but those who have more than I still agree that it is a great bike. One of my friends is even considering changing brands next year, and he has been all over the place, literally to Tibet and back several times.

While I wish the sprocket was a little smaller sometimes to reach a higher speed in lower gears, the extra power makes going over difficult Chinese roads a non-issue. The combination of power (200cc), speed (light for a full bike), and maneuverability (much heavier than the 48cc I previously had, but still easier to ride than any other bike I have tried) makes this bike a dream. The wide seat makes it great for cruising, while the handle bar placement and overall height is great for dealing with off-road situations. All the factory decals were a bit of a turn off, but I covered them with my own tasteful sticker choices that expressed the inner personality of my new bike and I think we are both happy.

That's great news! How's the trip preparation going?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

how lucky all you are;
    living in a motorbike paradise

it's easy to understand that motorbike riders are all in love with any kind of them. looking at the pics makes me smile like a kid looking at a toyshop window.

hope you have good rides with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast