Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 

2. #2 Re: CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    AFAIK the CBR300R is being manufactured in Thailand.

When I was in Northern Thailand this past Jan & Feb, I spent several days riding in a small group and one of the riders had a CBR250R which he liked a lot. The CBR250R owner/rider, Doug, is a fairly short guy so there weren't a lot of choices as far as potential motorcycle purchase went for him at the time (I seem to recall he'd owned the bike just over a year or thereabouts). He could ride that lil CBR250 quite well, though he was surprised that a couple of us on DS type bikes could keep up with him, or on some rides, he was unable to stay with us on some of the great mountain runs we did over by Nan.

Doug was fairly enthusiastic about buying a replacement bike and was seriously considering the Honda CBR300R as he likes the 250R that much (I'm almost certain Doug said the CBR300R is being made in Thailand - but I was drunk on riding at the time - so I could be mistaken).
    FWIW I'm not sure that there's that much of a significant difference in my mind to make the trade, but one might say that 'us' motorcyclists throw all objectivity 'out the window' when it comes to motorcycles...
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    No news concerning the Honda CBR300R on Honda Dreamwing website. The latest announcement is the new release/import of the GL1800C bagger (13th March ' 15)...
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

4. #4 Re: CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    AFAIK the CBR300R is being manufactured in Thailand.

When I was in Northern Thailand this past Jan & Feb, I spent several days riding in a small group and one of the riders had a CBR250R which he liked a lot. The CBR250R owner/rider, Doug, is a fairly short guy so there weren't a lot of choices as far as potential motorcycle purchase went for him at the time (I seem to recall he'd owned the bike just over a year or thereabouts). He could ride that lil CBR250 quite well, though he was surprised that a couple of us on DS type bikes could keep up with him, or on some rides, he was unable to stay with us on some of the great mountain runs we did over by Nan.

Doug was fairly enthusiastic about buying a replacement bike and was seriously considering the Honda CBR300R as he likes the 250R that much (I'm almost certain Doug said the CBR300R is being made in Thailand - but I was drunk on riding at the time - so I could be mistaken).
    FWIW I'm not sure that there's that much of a significant difference in my mind to make the trade, but one might say that 'us' motorcyclists throw all objectivity 'out the window' when it comes to motorcycles...
    You are correct the CBR300R is made in Thailand. However what I was trying to find out was if the CBR300R is/will be also made in China by Sundiro Honda now. As I'm sure you are aware many Japanese bikes these days are made or assembled in multiple locations. If this were the case the price could be similar to the YBR250 or the GW250, making this a serious contender in the Chinese market, and have huge export potential. I have faith in the fact that Sundiro Honda actually manufacture a better motorcycle than Jianshe Yamaha, and I suspect Haojue Suzuki (but have no evidence for the latter). Hopefully success in manufacturing the CBR300R could then be a stepping stone to manufacturing the CB500, right here in China by Sundiro.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 03-18-2015 at 03:52 AM.

5. #5 Re: CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 
    I think that the Kawasaki 250SL cost less also sold in China,

6. #6 Re: CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 
    Hi guys
    Got a bit of time in Chiang Mai so I have pop in to Honda main agent as I post these pictures , here are all the variants of the Honda CBR 300 with price tags to get RMB Divide by 5 from Thail B !!
    Must say I like the CB 300 F best out of them all.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 
    More pictures

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All made in Thailand and all with ABS
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #8 Re: CBR300R now listed on Sundiro Honda Chinese site 
    Last few pictures

image.jpg

image.jpg