Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: ANOTHER 650nk!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 ANOTHER 650nk! 
    Hi there ! Another aussie new comer !

I recently got a 2013 CF Moto 650NK, and thought this would be a nifty place to share some idea's / learn from !!
    The bike will be my daily driver for the next couple of years hopefully she serves me well.

11075936_10203672095872865_270404619_n.jpg

Yes yes ! It's very dusty this was at the dealers haha ^^ :)

11079131_10203688901733001_1052661751_n.jpg
    Life's a garden, DIG IT !

2. #2 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    Good luck with the new bike there are a few members on MCM with the same bike and I have the
    TR !! Can't wait to sell it and buy a better make but I hope yours with a bit of luck should serve you well good luck and welcome to MCM
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabMan View Post
    Hi there ! Another aussie new comer !

I recently got a 2013 CF Moto 650NK, and thought this would be a nifty place to share some idea's / learn from !!
    The bike will be my daily driver for the next couple of years hopefully she serves me well.

Yes yes ! It's very dusty this was at the dealers haha
    G'Day CrabMan welcome to MCM
    If you're looking for any information you might have noticed the MCM search engine up near the top right of each MCM web page. Sometimes though it is better to use Goog.le and just add 'mychinamoto' to your search criteria to obtain better results.

Not sure if you have discovered this useful CF650 sticky under the streets category
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

4. #4 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    Hi and welcome!
    Got an NK from the same year, check my review. Update: I may have developed a clutch slip, will be changing the cable. Currently saving for a CB500.

5. #5 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Hi and welcome!
    Got an NK from the same year, check my review. Update: I may have developed a clutch slip, will be changing the cable. Currently saving for a CB500.
    ZMC888, might be worth checking the end of the clutch cable down by the gearbox to make sure that the cable isn't starting to splinter/break. Both myself and Prince666 suffered clutch cables snapping about 10mm/1cm from the end of the cable (you might recall - see post #65) I sent both cables to CFMoto Hangzhou as they requested that they (CFMoto) was interested to see both cables, never did hear back about them... anyway just a heads up - just in case.
    How you getting on with saving for a CB500_? Maybe by the time you are ready to buy, the CB500X might be available here legally.
    Here's hoping!
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #6 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    ZMC888, might be worth checking the end of the clutch cable down by the gearbox to make sure that the cable isn't starting to splinter/break. Both myself and Prince666 suffered clutch cables snapping about 10mm/1cm from the end of the cable (you might recall - see post #65) I sent both cables to CFMoto Hangzhou as they requested that they (CFMoto) was interested to see both cables, never did hear back about them... anyway just a heads up - just in case.
    How you getting on with saving for a CB500_? Maybe by the time you are ready to buy, the CB500X might be available here legally.
    Here's hoping!
    Yes Doc, I read about your and Prince's clutch cables, also heard about it from other sources and ordered a genuine Kawasaki ER6N cable I've had in storage for the last 6 months for this eventuality. Soberpete needed the cable as his broke in January (on 10,000kms or so), so now I have a 2nd one. Quite aware of this problem, worry is that I cannot see any fraying on the gearbox side, maybe un-viewable lever or an internal clutch problem, will be changing the cable soon as I need to install a new hi-flo air filter anyhow. Will see how it goes from there.

My saving for a CB500 is still a long way off, probably have enough saved by 2017, would have been 2016 if fair normal world prices, hopefully by then the price will have dropped and the X version will be available (but it's not a deal breaker as the other versions suit me pretty well anyhow).

7. #7 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    Thank's guys ! Loving the bike so far, love that torque! I'm used to 4 cylinder 250's!

Sadly she's of the road for a week or so until i can scrape up some money for a new fuel pump, Stupidly enough i managed to snap the nozzle the hose connects to on the pump -_- My fault tho, kinda annoying as i needed to get to places this week! 170$ for a new pump

Yup i seen the sticky @bikerdoc :)

I'll be posting all my mods etc in a thread somewhere on here and also in a blog i made !
    Life's a garden, DIG IT !

8. #8 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    Yes Doc, I read about your and Prince's clutch cables, also heard about it from other sources and ordered a genuine Kawasaki ER6N cable I've had in storage for the last 6 months for this eventuality. Soberpete needed the cable as his broke in January (on 10,000kms or so), so now I have a 2nd one. Quite aware of this problem, worry is that I cannot see any fraying on the gearbox side, maybe un-viewable lever or an internal clutch problem, will be changing the cable soon as I need to install a new hi-flo air filter anyhow. Will see how it goes from there.

My saving for a CB500 is still a long way off, probably have enough saved by 2017, would have been 2016 if fair normal world prices, hopefully by then the price will have dropped and the X version will be available (but it's not a deal breaker as the other versions suit me pretty well anyhow).
    Wish you luck and time will go quick waiting to get a bike that's won't break and does what it says on the tin !

Here is a link Comparing the Honda CB 500 X,F,R

From what I have read about your riding Preferences the "F" would be the way to go !

Link https://rideapart.com/articles/ridea...3-honda-cb500f

Just hope between now and 2017 the CF don't give you to much trouble which I doubt!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #9 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Wish you luck and time will go quick waiting to get a bike that's won't break and does what it says on the tin !

Here is a link Comparing the Honda CB 500 X,F,R

From what I have read about your riding Preferences the "F" would be the way to go !

Link https://rideapart.com/articles/ridea...3-honda-cb500f

Just hope between now and 2017 the CF don't give you to much trouble which I doubt!
    The F would suit me best, however if I ever leave China I want to go back home overland, and as the kids get older I might be able to get time riding in other provinces or Laos/Myanmar/Thailand.

10. #10 Re: ANOTHER 650nk! 
    The F would suit me best, however if I ever leave China I want to go back home overland, and as the kids get older I might be able to get time riding in other provinces or Laos/Myanmar/Thailand.
    Had a group of 4 Chinese riders from Longkou ride down to Thailand 3 weeks ago there loved it and was the first time there have ever been outside China took them 4 days to ride from Longkou to the border with Laos in Yunnan province
    2 . CFMoto 650 TR 1. BMW GS1200 and 1. Benelli 600 GT all had a great time with a further 7 days riding around Yunnan ending at Kunming sending there bikes back to Longkou on a lorry

image.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast