Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Riding Around Yantai - First RR and first attempt at video editing. 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    Hey Everyone.

I've been wanting to share my experiences riding around. I know, to those who have been here a while, that these sights are nothing unheard of in China. They aren't that special for Canada either. What makes it really special is how close it is to me. My city has a fair amount of mountains nearby. All of the mountains contain roads that are, for the most part, paved. The last few weekends, I've been using satellite maps to find these trails and their trailheads and ride them. This has been a blast. Almost all of the trails lead somewhere, some do not. I thought I would share a bit of my adventures with you all. Here is a map of the mountains behind my house. I don't want to reveal where I live, but I will say that my house is within a five minute drive of the pin which marks the trailhead of this map.

Also, here is some helmet cam footage of the afternoons ride. You can Increase the quality to 720P if you click on the gear and click on the characters to the right of 1080.
    1995 Suzuki Intruder (2005-Present){Canada}
    2003 Daelim Daystar (2011-2012){S. Korea}
    2014 Jialing 200 GY5A (2015-Present) {China}

2. #2 Re: Riding Around Yantai - First RR and first attempt at video editing. 
    Great first RR know the area very well due back in Longkou 90km west of you in about 4 weeks time will pop you a PM when I am back , maybe we can hook up for a ride ! Nice to see new members taking the time and effort to post a RR which MCM is lacking at the morment
    To many condescending dick heads , so thanks for sharing your ride experiences with us
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Riding Around Yantai - First RR and first attempt at video editing. 
    Cool report, with the rain around in Shandong at the moment (a rarity as it's usually so dry esp in winter), those mountain places should be a whole lot prettier after a few days.