Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Spoony, find out how much they want to charge for the bike!
    I was quoted 18,000RMB for the XY250GY-2

I've been quoted 8,000-23,000RMB for the same bike from different dealers, so be careful how much you pay!

I'm very keen to see some feedback on the motard model, as a few of us are thinking of buying it!

I actually want the Motard model myself, I really like the dash 2, but its just to tall for me, and really not that useful around town

I had my wife ask about the motard version when I was there but their's nothing in the pamplet on it and I haven't even seen a picture of it, but if its a 250 and a motard, I will get it. I'm leaving friday for a few weeks, but I'm joansing bad for something other than my scooter

I'm thinking of going ahead and getting the Qingqi 200 again, they have one in stock right now, but I really want some more power..

any one have pictures of the motard version from the factory?

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The picture of the motard on the 1st page of this thread is how it will leave the factory, ive been told they will be ready by the end of April.

Ok, thanks.. I wasn't sure if that was the way it was going to come from the factory on not. Still looks pretty tall, but I think it will be lower then the MX version...

I'll try again here in Xian in a few weeks and see if I can get some news.

Spoony

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm 6 foot 2 and i found the suspension setup from the factory was to tall, i was on my tip toes and had to jump up onto the MX version of the bike, i lowered the ride height of the rear coil and setup the suspension to suit the new height.

From what Ive heard the motard version will come with the same setup from the factory so some fine tuning may need to be done to sort out the ride height.

Spoony! Don't get a 200cc Qingqi again, I know it's tough to wait, but in the end you will end up with a better bike. The Qingqi 200cc although it is proven a good bike has about 12KW. Whereas if you waited for the Qingqi 250cc version, you would have about 15KW, and the Shineray has a quoted 17.5KW. Patience could serve you well and give you a little extra power!

Does anyone know the service schedule for this motard ie what hours for oil change what oil(semi/full synthetic) If it has to use synthetic where would you get synthetic oil in China?

Hours for valve check. How hard is it to check the valves. Can you check the valves with the engine still in the frame?

Piston/rings replacement period?

What does this bike rev to?

As there are some interested in purchasing the motard version of the Shineray would it be possible to organize a group purchase of this bike?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    As there are some interested in purchasing the motard version of the Shineray would it be possible to organize a group purchase of this bike?
    I would be interested, but I'm kinda out in BFE or in this case BFC I'm in Xian, we do have a lot of dealers here, but they only want to sell whats on the floor, at least thats the vibe I'm getting. I'll be on a trip for the next few weeks, but send me a PM if you get some others to take the bait. Maybe we could work something out, but the logistics will be a problem. Just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Spoony! Don't get a 200cc Qingqi again, I know it's tough to wait, but in the end you will end up with a better bike. The Qingqi 200cc although it is proven a good bike has about 12KW. Whereas if you waited for the Qingqi 250cc version, you would have about 15KW, and the Shineray has a quoted 17.5KW. Patience could serve you well and give you a little extra power!
    Your right.. It's just really tough sitting around these last few days with only a scooter , like I said, I've officially decided to wait until I get back from my next trip and then get something.. I just don't want to wait once I get back ...
    I've actually decided to get a Shineray XY200GY-7, the one thats in camo. I think it would be nice to have something to go up in the mountians with, then have the Motard for around town. I know one of the guys on this site has that version, and from what I've read it looks like it will get the job done up in the hills.

That red font is obnoxious.. sorry, I promise not to use it again..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast