Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    I've actually decided to get a Shineray XY200GY-7, the one thats in camo. I think it would be nice to have something to go up in the mountians with, then have the Motard for around town. I know one of the guys on this site has that version, and from what I've read it looks like it will get the job done up in the hills.
    I'm not so sure about the durability of that 200GY-7.... don't know anybody that has put extended mileage on one, and Supersignets ended up with a broken triple clamp. Just be sure it has the improved triple clamps if you buy one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the NEW Shineray, but I think they were using some unreliable sub suppliers on some of the earlier models.

I have a funny feeling that we're going to have a lot of choices from Shineray and QingQi available in the next 60 days.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I'm not so sure about the durability of that 200GY-7.... don't know anybody that has put extended mileage on one, and Supersignets ended up with a broken triple clamp. Just be sure it has the improved triple clamps if you buy one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the NEW Shineray, but I think they were using some unreliable sub suppliers on some of the earlier models.

I have a funny feeling that we're going to have a lot of choices from Shineray and QingQi available in the next 60 days.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Hopefully Shineray will bring out Road legal enduro version of the MX model with a bigger tank.

3. #43 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    so did anyone buy a 250 at least?

i was in touch with a dealer here in BJ in December 2009 asking 16.000 rmb for a XY250 - didn't even distinguish tween road legal, comp. or motard version

4. #44 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Shineray assured me that the tripple clamp issue has been dealt with.As for duability of the GY7, they did race it in the Tink rally in 08 and it sounds like it survived the event ( well other than a set of broken clamps but I bet thats why they got a new supplier)

5. #45 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    Amen to that bro. Heard so much about this bike. Talked to the Shineray foreign rep and he swore up and down something would come out last September. Still nothin' on the availability of a registerable model here in CHina. i don't think they're doing anything about it personally, though i have no idea why. The bike looks like it'd be much more road worthy than half the shyte out there now!
    '76 Honda CB360
    '82 Honda GL500 Silverwing
    '82 Honda 750 Sabre
    '01 Loncin 150
    '07 Qianjiang QJ250-3

6. #46 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This is the 3'rd different spec for fuel capacity I've seen.
    Most common I have seen is 8 Liters.
    I have also seen 16 Liters, but that must be a mistake.

So which number is correct 8 L or 8,6 L?
    Anyone?

7. #47 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Curse...
    I didn't notice the thread was THAT old :-)

8. #48 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi everyone, does anybody know if the shineray xy250gy its compatible with another Bike, i cant find spare parts, i need the rear wheel hub IMG_2858.jpg

9. #49 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittrup Sport View Post
    This is the 3'rd different spec for fuel capacity I've seen.
    Most common I have seen is 8 Liters.
    I have also seen 16 Liters, but that must be a mistake.

So which number is correct 8 L or 8,6 L?
    Anyone?
    Mine Is 8L

10. #50 Re: Shineray XY250GY-2 MX Bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob MattyMiranda's Avatar
    Hey mate do you no any restrictions on the xy250gy-2mx bike we can remove or mods for more power.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast