Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 CF 650 NK rear rack 
    C-Moto Senior
    I was looking at the fitment for a topbox, I don't suppose anyone has tried an ER6 06 year rear rack that bolts on in place of the grab handles, they look as if they should fit the CF...

2. #2 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    I'm not so sure I think they are different. However Ventura has this one for the CFMOTO. Not cheap but well made. I have a homebrew mountain bike rack I designed and a local exhaust welder made into reality made from a rack for a 125. Done about 5000 kilometers double stacked, it does occasionally non-dangerously snap at the weakest point, but it's my own prototype and Chinese welding!

piggy back.jpg

3. #3 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    C-Moto Senior
    That's totally cool I've never seen a bicycle rack for a motorbike! You should patent it quick:0)

4. #4 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    That's totally cool I've never seen a bicycle rack for a motorbike! You should patent it quick:0)
    Cheers! There are some points to the design that are completely original, of that I'm pretty proud, my design will probably never make it out of prototype phase as the market for this is pretty small and there are other commercial racks available, and also I have no engineering qualifications, but I think with some professional refinements mine is actually one of the best concepts.

5. #5 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I'm not so sure I think they are different. However Ventura has this one for the CFMOTO. Not cheap but well made. I have a homebrew mountain bike rack I designed and a local exhaust welder made into reality made from a rack for a 125. Done about 5000 kilometers double stacked, it does occasionally non-dangerously snap at the weakest point, but it's my own prototype and Chinese welding!

piggy back.jpg
    Huge props for getting beyond the concept stage. Even bigger props for finding someone reasonably competent to take the design and bring into the realm of reality. However, the hugest amount props go to you for your perseverance. Maybe when you are on your next trip abroad you could take the rack or the design along with photos and have a foreign skilled fabricator work with the design etc. In NZ many moons ago, I had a trucking business, and utilised the services of a large private tow-bar manufacturer ('Best Bars') design and fabricate regular tow bars to fit some of my trucks so that they could tow tandem axle boxed furniture trailers round NZ for another company ('Axxa' furniture floats) that hired the trailers out to all and sundry. Often there were trailers that needed relocating after one way hires etc. This helped that trailer rental business grow (owned by one older guy at the time), and added another cash-flow to my revenue stream.
    The tow bar company was also owned by an individual and he was fantastic to work with. On one of my bigger trucks - a 10 tonne Hino box body tandem axle rear, it took quite a bit of creative effort to fabricate a regular tow bar system (slide out/removable bar and ball) since there was a regular heavy trailer tow linkage connector for a heavy trailer. Nothing was too much trouble for the tow bar company owner - even drove 250km one way one time when one of his tow bars failed (whole 'nother story).

BTW ZMC888, had you ever considered a smaller foldup bike like a Dahon, Brompton, Cirus or Fnhon (Dahon copies)? I ride Dahon for 14 years and have a Dahon 'Courser' full suspension with 20 inch wheels which I've owned and ridden for the last 11 years. I been riding it everyday so far this year since returning from Thailand in early March. I just picked up a Dahon Rapid P9 to add to my stable which is bulging at the seams with all my toys. Anyway a foldie might work better for your rack etc?
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #6 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by choldy View Post
    I was looking at the fitment for a topbox, I don't suppose anyone has tried an ER6 06 year rear rack that bolts on in place of the grab handles, they look as if they should fit the CF...
    IS it possible to have a rack fabricated? I managed to do this on my Jetmax via a mates factory workshop long before CFMoto manufactured a rack (there's every chance someone at CFMoto has been following many of the suggested improvements on MCM threads - given that many of the short comings have been addressed in various models). Here's the Jetmax rack fabrication link (might provide you some ideas).
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #7 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Huge props for getting beyond the concept stage. Even bigger props for finding someone reasonably competent to take the design and bring into the realm of reality. However, the hugest amount props go to you for your perseverance. Maybe when you are on your next trip abroad you could take the rack or the design along with photos and have a foreign skilled fabricator work with the design etc. In NZ many moons ago, I had a trucking business, and utilised the services of a large private tow-bar manufacturer ('Best Bars') design and fabricate regular tow bars to fit some of my trucks so that they could tow tandem axle boxed furniture trailers round NZ for another company ('Axxa' furniture floats) that hired the trailers out to all and sundry. Often there were trailers that needed relocating after one way hires etc. This helped that trailer rental business grow (owned by one older guy at the time), and added another cash-flow to my revenue stream.
    The tow bar company was also owned by an individual and he was fantastic to work with. On one of my bigger trucks - a 10 tonne Hino box body tandem axle rear, it took quite a bit of creative effort to fabricate a regular tow bar system (slide out/removable bar and ball) since there was a regular heavy trailer tow linkage connector for a heavy trailer. Nothing was too much trouble for the tow bar company owner - even drove 250km one way one time when one of his tow bars failed (whole 'nother story).

BTW ZMC888, had you ever considered a smaller foldup bike like a Dahon, Brompton, Cirus or Fnhon (Dahon copies)? I ride Dahon for 14 years and have a Dahon 'Courser' full suspension with 20 inch wheels which I've owned and ridden for the last 11 years. I been riding it everyday so far this year since returning from Thailand in early March. I just picked up a Dahon Rapid P9 to add to my stable which is bulging at the seams with all my toys. Anyway a foldie might work better for your rack etc?
    Thanks Doc. The rack is in somewhat of a 0.2 Alpha stage in terms of construction and a beta 0.7 in terms of concept. I think at this stage I need a very competent Chinese welder to get it up to a beta 0.1 in terms of construction with a scratch stainless steel properly welded prototype.

I'm very into full suspension mountain bikes and folding bikes are not really a hobby area, although that Dahon Rapid P9 would be something I'd be into for train and plane travelling, but not really for the rack.

8. #8 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    C-Moto Regular
    Here is mine , its a CFMoto 650nk part made in NZ by Ventura products , just new here in Australia , just remove the grab rails and bolt new grab rails/mounts in the place of the originals , 15 miniutes work .
    Brian.
    Attached Images

9. #9 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks Brian, that looks really good. I did look at the Ventura rack, in the end I decided I didn't want a rack on all the time though so I went with a Kriega 20 litre pack, It just has some loops that tuck under the back seat when not in the use.

10. #10 Re: CF 650 NK rear rack 
    Rear Rack for CF 650 NK for sale on Taobao

link.......https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...2-0d4bb5188969

rack.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack1.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"