Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    i have put a new lextek oval s/steel exhaust, k&n air filter, blanked the egr off and vaccum sealed the manifold but when i put in the 105 jets in it it runs fine but once i reach 8000 rpm it boggs out and with the standard 97.5 jets in bike runs fine but once it reaches 9-10,000 rpm it boggs out but not as much or hard as when the 105 jets are in it runs better now than what it ever has but just has this problem is it the air/fuel mixture screw? is that the screw on the side of carb? when i did put the 105 jets in i thought it was fine and didnt fiddle with the air/fuel mixture screw untill i took the bike out and realising that it was bogging out then i did fiddle with the screw on the side but it just seemed to rev higher or lower so i put it back to normal revs

2. #2 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan SM View Post
    i have put a new lextek oval s/steel exhaust, k&n air filter, blanked the egr off and vaccum sealed the manifold but when i put in the 105 jets in it it runs fine but once i reach 8000 rpm it boggs out and with the standard 97.5 jets in bike runs fine but once it reaches 9-10,000 rpm it boggs out but not as much or hard as when the 105 jets are in it runs better now than what it ever has but just has this problem is it the air/fuel mixture screw? is that the screw on the side of carb? when i did put the 105 jets in i thought it was fine and didnt fiddle with the air/fuel mixture screw untill i took the bike out and realising that it was bogging out then i did fiddle with the screw on the side but it just seemed to rev higher or lower so i put it back to normal revs
    Did you check the spark plug after each run ???

With a change of jets you will need to adjust the fuel/air, you can do a Google search to find out how to do.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Did you check the spark plug after each run ???
    no i was going to try that today and adjust the fuel screw because thats what people where telling me on a facebook page to do and it says it on yahoo answers aswell but its raining today so im going to have to wait thank's :D

4. #4 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan SM View Post
    no i was going to try that today and adjust the fuel screw because thats what people where telling me on a facebook page to do and it says it on yahoo answers aswell but its raining today so im going to have to wait thank's :D

I am sure you will sort it out Dan good luck and post back what happen please
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    ive tryed a few things with no luck so it has to be the fuel/air screw and will do :D

6. #6 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    cant seem to get the fuel screw set right its bogging out around 6-8000 rpm now sat for hours yesterday trying to get it and its very ackward getting at the fuel screw ive to use a drill bit as its underneath the carb and its hard to fit hands in and ive put a cloth over exhaust and piece of carb board up against engine so i dont burn myself lol

7. #7 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    Did you tried to fit this E-ring on a jet needle one reeces down and then to tune carburetor?

But if the problem is with screwing/unscrewing of a air screw, I believe that you can find adequate, elongated air screw (damn, too much screwing in just one sentence; this English is killing me), so you could do the job with your bare hands.

They look something like this:

...and they come in red too.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #8 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Did you tried to fit this E-ring on a jet needle one reeces down and then to tune carburetor?

But if the problem is with screwing/unscrewing of a air screw, I believe that you can find adequate, elongated air screw (damn, too much screwing in just one sentence; this English is killing me), so you could do the job with your bare hands.

They look something like this:

...and they come in red too.
    is there certain sizes in these to get i think my carbs a mikuni vm22 or pz22 i think there the same anyway i sat yesterday for hours trying to get it set right with no luck as i cant see how many times ive screwed it ands its very hard to get at the fuel screw on it and impossible to see what im doing. im ready for giving it up and taking it to shop to fix but i want to learn how to do it myself.

9. #9 Re: pulse adrenaline bogging out at 8000 rpm 
    Grab Vernier caliper, do some measuring and start asking those who ate selling tuning sundries.

And again: did you do something with the Е-ring on the needle?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Yes theres only three notches and i tryed putting it up one but with no luck there wasnt a difference so i put it back in middle where is was before but im going to try put it down a notch as i found this diagram amd it says putting it down lets more fuel in and thats why im thinking its bogging out at high revs due to fuel starvation uploadfromtaptalk1430802226853.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast