Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi everyone.

I have just moved on from scooters (Yamaha T Max) back to motorcycles.
    I am having a CF Moto (WK here in the UK) 650tr being delivered to me on the 8th of January.
    I wanted a touring type bike, as i do travel over to Belgium and Germany a couple of times a year...and my wife joins me on these trips.....and the WK650tr seemed to fit the bill....the panniers will come in useful too....i hope the WK lives up to expectations....time will see.
    Iam ok with the spanners, so i can do most things on the bike...but with a 2 year warranty (for what its worth?) i hope the dealer will take care of most warranty work.
    I will be doing a few mods on the bike, but nothing major...sat nav holder..top box and maybe upgrade the lights.....being a old git i need all the help i can get in the dark winter UK evening/nights.

Thanks for having me in the forum.

Regards.

Tweet
    Last edited by Tweet; 01-03-2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

2. #2 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    C-Moto Guru
    "How do you do, sir?" :)

There was another chap with such bike around here, so you'd better search for his thread.

3. #3 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweet View Post
    Hi everyone.

I have just moved on from scooters (Yamaha T Max) back to motorcycles.
    I am having a CF Moto (WK here in the UK) 650tr being delivered to me on the 8th of January.
    I wanted a touring type bike, as i do travel over to Belgium and Germany a couple of times a year...and my wife joins me on these trips.....and the WK650tr seemed to fit the bill....the panniers will come in useful too....i hope the WK lives up to expectations....time will see.
    Iam ok with the spanners, so i can do most things on the bike...but with a 2 year warranty (for what its worth?) i hope the dealer will take care of most warranty work.
    I will be doing a few mods on the bike, but nothing major...sat nav holder..top box and maybe upgrade the lights.....being a old git i need all the help i can get in the dark winter UK evening/nights.

Thanks for having me in the forum.

Regards.

Tweet
    Hi and welcome to MCM. How is your TR so far?
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

4. #4 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi DavidC.
    The TR is now up to 1600 miles, and the engine still seems to be loosening up!
    No problems with it (apart from nuetral light comes on in the wet (we have a lot of that here! :-) ) weather, the shop said it will be sorted at the next service...its no big problem though.
    So far! nothing has gone rusty/corroded or come undone or fell off the bike or stopped working! :-)
    All in all still very happy with the TR

5. #5 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    Hi there,
    Glad to know that your TR is doing well. My TK as it is known here has raked up 11,000 km and soon will due for its 12,000 km service. Apart from the radiator fan not working (loose connnection or fuse) and the 12V socket not working - both sorted under warranty, it has run flawlessly. Have fitted heated grips, cruise control and all weather phone dock with charging. Now looking for a large top box to complement the two side panniers.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

6. #6 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Good to hear your TK/TR is performing well....................i hope it continues to do so.
    I have fitted a Givi plate and top box to mine......i dont stuff it full of gear, so i hope the fitted grabrail/luggage rack will be ok for the job.
    I have put UK spec bulbs in the headlights, they are a little brighter, but do not seem to illuminate the road much more than the stock bulbs.
    Heated grips, a good idea, although i have never bothered to fit them on any bike i have had in the past.
    I have no plans to do any mods this year..just ride.. :-)
    Last edited by Tweet; 05-31-2015 at 02:35 PM. Reason: miss spelling

7. #7 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweet View Post
    Good to hear your TK/TR is performing well....................i hope it continues to do so.
    I have fitted a Givi plate and top box to mine......i dont stuff it full of gear, so i hope the fitted grabrail/luggage rack will be ok for the job.
    I have put UK spec bulbs in the headlights, they are a little brighter, but do not seem to illuminate the road much more than the stock bulbs.
    Heated grips, a good idea, although i have never bothered to fit them on any bike i have had in the past.
    I have no plans to do any mods this year..just ride.. :-)
    What size is your Givi box? Pretty expensive for Givi down under. I was going to get uprated bulbs but scratched the idea. Decided to go LED instead rather than HID. Now awaits the package to arrive. The coldest ride so far has been 5C in the morning. Second highest setting on the heated grips and it just copes.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

8. #8 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    What size is your Givi box? Pretty expensive for Givi down under. I was going to get uprated bulbs but scratched the idea. Decided to go LED instead rather than HID. Now awaits the package to arrive. The coldest ride so far has been 5C in the morning. Second highest setting on the heated grips and it just copes.
    Givi have top boxes and side cases (panniers) made in Italy and Malaysia, the latter ones can be found in Thailand for pretty good pricing. Not sure if any of the Malaysia mnfg Givi's are sold in OZ. But hey, next trip to Malaysia might be worth getting one...

Can you find SHAD over there in OZ? SHAD45 or similar would fit nicely me thinks. Over here I have found and bought ADLO branded boxes for years... and have more than half a dozen ADLO boxes with base plates either on bikes in the stable or sitting on shelves, because the boxes are fairly good quality and not expensive. ADLO are a local company based in southern Ch!na. ADLO top boxes are exported to the USA where a local importer has them re-branded from the ADLO factory as BESTEM www.bestemusa.com

Not sure you could pick up an ADLO or Bestem box with plate in OZ? I'd ship you one over but the freight from here to there is a little on the high side.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #9 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Givi have top boxes and side cases (panniers) made in Italy and Malaysia, the latter ones can be found in Thailand for pretty good pricing. Not sure if any of the Malaysia mnfg Givi's are sold in OZ. But hey, next trip to Malaysia might be worth getting one...

Can you find SHAD over there in OZ? SHAD45 or similar would fit nicely me thinks. Over here I have found and bought ADLO branded boxes for years... and have more than half a dozen ADLO boxes with base plates either on bikes in the stable or sitting on shelves, because the boxes are fairly good quality and not expensive. ADLO are a local company based in southern Ch!na. ADLO top boxes are exported to the USA where a local importer has them re-branded from the ADLO factory as BESTEM www.bestemusa.com

Not sure you could pick up an ADLO or Bestem box with plate in OZ? I'd ship you one over but the freight from here to there is a little on the high side.
    Yeah, I can get Givi brand top boxes the next time I am in Malaysia. Shad are available here but they are pricey. RJays do it for one third the price of Give or Shad. Think there are some other brands such as Third Gear which are cheaper than RJays. Think they are Chinese made and branded by the local importer. Have not seen ADLO or Bestem here. Will any of the top box fit onto the mounting? Do you need to use the supplied mounting plate?
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

10. #10 Re: Hello from the Midlands..UK 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    ^ You'll need to fit the top-box base plate, provided whatever brand/model you buy, comes with one. Worth checking as not all top-boxes come supplied with a base plate standard, although most do. Fitting the base-plate to the TR/TK luggage rack - easy job IMO.

Many of the top-boxes (but not all) base plates allow for quick release of the top-box by varying means/methods. Not all are the same or use exactly the same method to secure/lock the box on etc.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast