Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 k157fmi head bolts 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Having a nightmare here so hoping someone can help. Just been doing some maintenance on the bike and removed the head bolts that go threw the engine. I ordered new long bolts but my head nuts are buggered and aren't offering a decent seal. Now I've spent most of today hunting for these nuts on eBay and I have no idea what size they are. I've tried a m8 nut and whilst it feels like its tightening they feel very loose on the thread. Like they may be imperial. Normally I would just whack it tight and ignore but four loose head nuts = disaster in my eyes. Can anyone shed what these nuts are at all? They're a size 12, which seems odd also for metric that seem to sell as 13 for a 8mm'ish size bolt. Hope you can help
    Sinnis Vista, K157fmi. Koso electric speedos, rewired with English wire wiring loom including H.I.D headlight and a cigarette charger. 150cc big bore kit. 30mm mikuni carb with k&n filter. Bored out inlet manifold and 230cc cam. 110 main jet and 17/46 sprocket configuration.

2. #2 Re: k157fmi head bolts 
    After reading http://startright.co.uk/manuals/sinnis/apacheengine.pdf u will know some bolts (K157... get the equivalent Suzi parts# by comparing [bike-parts-suz.com is just 1 of them] similar [EN/GS/GN...] 125 ) aren't the common one (GB... meets specific national standard) in hardware store.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 05-06-2015 at 06:21 AM.

3. #3 Re: k157fmi head bolts 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    So they are M8, that's OK then.

Thank you very much.
    Sinnis Vista, K157fmi. Koso electric speedos, rewired with English wire wiring loom including H.I.D headlight and a cigarette charger. 150cc big bore kit. 30mm mikuni carb with k&n filter. Bored out inlet manifold and 230cc cam. 110 main jet and 17/46 sprocket configuration.

4. #4 Re: k157fmi head bolts 
    Quote Originally Posted by lagerlout07 View Post
    ...Normally I would just whack it tight and ignore but four loose head nuts = disaster in my eyes...
    Sometimes add this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new works better than just whack it tight . Since i'm a cheapskate, i ALWAYs use bulk (w/o proper standard) yellow ptfe tape in ( fresh water plumbing MUST use white tape that meets standard ...) "fixes".