hi,

Been living in China for several years, been riding on an e-bike for quite some time.

Have long wanted to get a motorbike in China but face the following difficultiy:

Don't have a drivers licence in my own country (for car or motorbike).

I've found a school in HongQiao district (http://www.shjtpx.com/)

that apparently offers both the lessons, practical driving experience and the examinations. If not ok to post links mods feel free to delete (i'm not advertising).

A few questions if i can:

Is it possible to just get an E licence without the car licence? I.e don't need a C1E licence.

Can this be done on a temp residence permit which only has 60 days left validity? I will be getting a new residence permit in July however that'll be valid for 6 months.

That's basically all the questions I have. The price for the licence seems quite cheap for just an E licence, 1500rmb (might be added costs I haven't taken into account), so i'm happy about that.

Also apart from that for a beginner bike i was thinking the YBR250. I'm guessing the engine will be of good build quality, but the rest of the bike not so much. I'm open to suggestions about other bikes, but id rather not go above 250cc on my first bike. Also the bike has to be one of the ones that can be legally registered here.

My main concern bike-wise is seat height, don't want to look like a giant on the bike or to be uncomfortably crouched. I'm 6'1 exactly. Some sites say the seat height is 805mm, others 780mm. So i'm not quite sure how heigh the seating is. What would you veterans recommend seat height wise for someone who is 6'1 will longer legs average for torso?

Thanks for any advice :) Mods feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section.