Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    That GW pickup looks like it is based on the 2004-2012 GMC Canyon, but not the engine though, GMC did not offer a 2.4 liter inline4 , that displacement makes me think it is a Toyota engine? Whose 2.0 liter diesel is in those?

2. #12 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Винаги готов! Пирот е на има-няма 90км
    Од мене до тебе - око 450 километара. Ако поред мастике буде нека баница за закуску...

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    That GW pickup looks like it is based on the 2004-2012 GMC Canyon, but not the engine though, GMC did not offer a 2.4 liter inline4 , that displacement makes me think it is a Toyota engine? Whose 2.0 liter diesel is in those?
    As I know GW "Wingle 5" is based on "Isuzu Axiom" chassis, same as GW "Hover".

As for design, the Chinese are eclectic - front end of the first "Wingle" was "borrowed" from "Volkswagen Magellan" concept, then "Wingle 5" (or "Steed 5") became "plain vanilla" inside and outside. After that, "Wingle 6" has become more "bling-bling" with his huge chromed radiator grille, just like his cousin, GW's redisigned SUV "Hover H3" with the suffix "New".

This 2.4 liter engine looks like "Mitsubishi" 4G69 engine "suffocated" to fulfill "Euro 5" emission standards, and the 2.0 diesel, as I understand, is their own (probably with the help of "Bosch" and maybe austrian AVL) project.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #13 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    and the 2.0 diesel, as I understand, is their own (probably with the help of "Bosch" and maybe austrian AVL) project.
    4d20 | 4d20b
    Turbo is different design
    Delphi / common rail 9 injector | 4020b : Bosch/ common rail 7 injector
    http://club2.m.autohome.com.cn/bbs/t...8412540-4.html
    Last edited by humanbeing; 05-10-2015 at 08:51 AM.

4. #14 Re: Riding a Puzey :) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Од мене до тебе - око 450 километара. Ако поред мастике буде нека баница за закуску...

As I know GW "Wingle 5" is based on "Isuzu Axiom" chassis, same as GW "Hover".

As for design, the Chinese are eclectic - front end of the first "Wingle" was "borrowed" from "Volkswagen Magellan" concept, then "Wingle 5" (or "Steed 5") became "plain vanilla" inside and outside. After that, "Wingle 6" has become more "bling-bling" with his huge chromed radiator grille, just like his cousin, GW's redisigned SUV "Hover H3" with the suffix "New".

This 2.4 liter engine looks like "Mitsubishi" 4G69 engine "suffocated" to fulfill "Euro 5" emission standards, and the 2.0 diesel, as I understand, is their own (probably with the help of "Bosch" and maybe austrian AVL) project.
    That’s possible, it’s a body on frame, which is suitable for trucks. In the 1990’s, the first Honda SUV sold here, the Passport shared that platform. I read the chassis used on the GW Steed/Wingle is from a Toyota 4-Runner and in that it would be a body on frame chassis that is shared with a Toyota Hilux for the truck. It looks like an Axiom but it sits on a Toyota chassis. Its front end looks like a Mazda.

That 2.0 liter diesel truck is potentially very marketable in the us.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-11-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12