Just wanted to ask, i've heard that when a foreigner buy a new bike in Beijing, they get assigned a special Jing B that denotes this is a foreigner.

If i were to buy a 2nd hand bike... fully legal from a chinese guy, would the plate be able to transfer? or do i have to jump through more hoops to get that all legal?

Is it even worth buying a bike 2nd hand with the transferrence of the plate? or should i just go for a new one with al the hassels removed?

Also for reliabilty i was going to go for a Suzuki en150 because it seems pretty much bullet proof, you can get parts all around the country because haojue has been in China for ages and parts can be interchanged....and it has 6 gears, where most other japanese 150's have 5.

I've looked into the chinese bikes, specifically the Zongshen ZS250-7 and was looking at the Jialing JH200-8, the Jialing at least has 6 gears, but i've been told the zs 's engine is actually not as great as the EN150's so i'm at a loss. ANd i haven't heard anything about the jialing.

What is your guys opinion on this? my budget is 10-15,000. but could go a bit higher if i know that it is seriously worth it.
I drive mainly in beijing, but really want to do a few roadtrips... so making sure it doesn't break down in the middle of no-where is important.

any advice would be good