Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbazoth View Post
    actually, im looking at using a 24kw peak motor. i already have a 2-3kw ebike. ill talk to my friend about the out of town plates again, but i remember him telling me it wouldnt be able to work long-term :/ im really not worried about hitting anyone... i ride safely around pedestrians because i know those idiots would love to milk me of all my money for the next 5 years
    Sounds like your a newbie and can I add nob to riding in China
    Yes I'm illegal yet I've fought for 1.5 years to be legal and want to be legal as you can easily end up like a teacher here spending 6 month salary on paying a bitch who turned into him and claiming way buying reasonable and demanding surgery that's not needed and lied to and she will demand to stay in hospital even tho the doctors tell her to go home and she will ask for money to remove still pins that shouldn't be removed or fitted as the fracture was minor.
    Sorry having a very bad China week and no sleep due to excessive amounts of Chinese bullshit

2. #12 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbazoth View Post
    actually, im looking at using a 24kw peak motor. i already have a 2-3kw ebike. ill talk to my friend about the out of town plates again, but i remember him telling me it wouldnt be able to work long-term :/ im really not worried about hitting anyone... i ride safely around pedestrians because i know those idiots would love to milk me of all my money for the next 5 years
    Probably you won't hit anyone, but it doesn't really work like that, nobody is immune from the stupidity of others, sure higher skilled riders can extend the mileage between incidents, but incidents can still happen.

I know it's a PITA to be legal in China, and it's ridiculous, but you'll be a lot safer.

Your friend is right about the plates not really working long term, however you can re-insure the bike if you are smart about who and where you buy it from.

3. #13 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Leaving aside all the legalities ( although perhaps one day you will learn )
    Those 250 and 400 fours are horrible things. No torque and what power they have is all at the top of the revs, and, as has already been pointed out, the ones you find in China are real old dogs. Parts also a problem.

Btw they water the roads to keep the dust down. Its not some evil government plot.

4. #14 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    I will be riding with a GoPro on as soon as I get my bike back from the shop, so lying will not be an option for Chinese bitches. And, I try to stay in the road as much as possible. You can claim being legal is the best thing to do as much as you want, but its near impossible. Even if you have a shitty 500/1000/1200w electric scooter, its still illegal because it goes over 20 kph and doesnt have pedals. Then there is the grey line of bicycles...bicycle speed limit is 20 kph, but I can easily go like 40 kph. Just yesterday I passed every single electric scooter on the bicycle my friend lent me on a 20km ride.

5. #15 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    Leaving aside all the legalities ( although perhaps one day you will learn )
    Those 250 and 400 fours are horrible things. No torque and what power they have is all at the top of the revs, and, as has already been pointed out, the ones you find in China are real old dogs. Parts also a problem.

Btw they water the roads to keep the dust down. Its not some evil government plot.
    Keep the dust down?? Man, I live in Nanjing. It rains a few times a week. When it's not raining, its humid and not dusty. I'm not buying it.

6. #16 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    It's not dusty because
    They
    water
    the
    roads
    Just like they do in every city in China.

7. #17 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    It's not dusty because
    They
    water
    the
    roads
    Just like they do in every city in China.
    It's not dusty because
    it
    rains
    all
    the
    time
    here.

8. #18 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    ok mate you go ask the guy driving the water truck why he is doing it.

9. #19 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    The ones in Chengdu usually play an ice-cream truck type song too. My favourite are those riot-grade water cannons they use to water trees and plants to within an inch of their lives. I'd do that job.

10. #20 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Could it be they water the roads as a national policy to reduce dust but haven't actually got the intellect or imagination to not bother with it in rainy places?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast