Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    Leaving aside all the legalities ( although perhaps one day you will learn )
    Those 250 and 400 fours are horrible things. No torque and what power they have is all at the top of the revs, and, as has already been pointed out, the ones you find in China are real old dogs. Parts also a problem.
    I don't actually agree with that, those 250cc and 400cc fours were great bikes in their day. It's just that their day has past, unless you want to pay loads of money to resto-mod a mint condition one as a future classic there's no point in touching one., especially in China where you'll never get legal on one.

2. #22 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #23 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbazoth View Post
    I will be riding with a GoPro on as soon as I get my bike back from the shop, so lying will not be an option for Chinese bitches.
    Many people are trying to give you a fair share of advice to help you along, this is what the forum is designed for. Culture is culture, people are people and opinions are opinions. From your quote you seem as if you don't really like Chinese people and the laws of the country.

You type as if your opinions are already set in stone, so why come to a forum and ask for advice and then just complain about a country you live in and only ever consider breaking the law? You seem like a young gentlemen who is looking for advice and a lot of these people on this forum have lived here a long time. So maybe you should listen to their advice. As a young guy myself who also studies here I have my own complications of registering and obtaining a motorcycle license so I can kind of slightly understand your frustration.

By the sounds of it, the country already annoys you enough so maybe you should stick with the 电动车 modifying because you'll most likely leave the country soon.

Also, in my humble opinion a 电动车 Would be better for you to prat around Nanjing on . Yeah the Police won't stop you hopping a red light on it because they can't be arssed to chase you. They are told to sit on the corner and give fines to those who break the law and confiscate bikes that aren't registered. Not chase a bobble headed foreigner student who wants to lane hop and go through red lights

负面情绪不好

Take it easy,
    Josh

4. #24 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post
    Many people are trying to give you a fair share of advice to help you along, this is what the forum is designed for. Culture is culture, people are people and opinions are opinions. From your quote you seem as if you don't really like Chinese people and the laws of the country.

You type as if your opinions are already set in stone, so why come to a forum and ask for advice and then just complain about a country you live in and only ever consider breaking the law? You seem like a young gentlemen who is looking for advice and a lot of these people on this forum have lived here a long time. So maybe you should listen to their advice. As a young guy myself who also studies here I have my own complications of registering and obtaining a motorcycle license so I can kind of slightly understand your frustration.

By the sounds of it, the country already annoys you enough so maybe you should stick with the 电动车 modifying because you'll most likely leave the country soon.

Also, in my humble opinion a 电动车 Would be better for you to prat around Nanjing on . Yeah the Police won't stop you hopping a red light on it because they can't be arssed to chase you. They are told to sit on the corner and give fines to those who break the law and confiscate bikes that aren't registered. Not chase a bobble headed foreigner student who wants to lane hop and go through red lights

负面情绪不好

Take it easy,
    Josh
    +1 Someone had to say something???? I am trying to keep out of it can't be fucked with guys who have this cavalier attitude but we must all consider what other "laowai" do in China reflects on us all?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    we must all consider what other "laowai" do in China reflects on us all?
    Says the guy riding a dodgy bike with swapped illegal engine...

Ride safe! Pal

6. #26 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post

负面情绪不好

Take it easy,
    Josh
    This is spot on. Probably just better he keeps or upgrades his ebike, then claim ignorance that the motor was too powerful something along the lines of 'didn't know, bought it off another foreigner that has left the country'. If anyone gets hurt he'll still have to pay out thousands most likely, but it's much better than riding around on an uplated 20 year old knackered out CBR250RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince666
    I am trying to keep out of it can't be fucked with guys who have this cavalier attitude but we must all consider what other "laowai" do in China reflects on us all?
    Lots of people have this view and I'm not trying to bash it, but we are all responsible for our own actions, foreigners in China will do the wrong thing, it's not up to foreigners to police other foreigners. One of my friends in my town is annoyed with another friend because he divorced his Chinese wife, and that 'reflects badly on the rest of us'. I just don't get it, it's someone else's life, if the locals are too thick to realize who did something bad and blame them individually, it's not his fault.

7. #27 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Says the guy riding a dodgy bike with swapped illegal engine...

Ride safe! Pal

hehheh just checking Pal you are still reading my post on MCM, some good news sold the bike that should keep you happy, sold it to a dodgy Chinese traffic policeman
    Last edited by prince666; 05-14-2015 at 01:32 AM.

8. #28 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    but we are all responsible for our own actions, foreigners in China will do the wrong thing, it's not up to foreigners to police other foreigners.
    Yes you are correct, but it's not all about other laowia being police men it's all about other laowia giving good sound advice to which other Laowia should listen to but in this case it falling on daff ears ?

We have been hearing about people who are finding it extremely difficult to obtain a new Chinese DL in some areas ,
    all it will take is one bad accident by a illegal uninsured, with no Chinese DL and a GoPro stuck on his head, to which the police will confiscated and post the video that shows the rider killing a few people that hits the Chinese social network then you will see the shit hit the fan , i wouldn't put it pass the Chinese Government to band all laowia from renewing DL ? just my 2 cents

in nearly 5 years riding / Driving I can confirm its not if you have a accident but when , and it will happen just give it time
    Last edited by prince666; 05-14-2015 at 02:03 AM.

9. #29 Re: Nanjing - Buying 250-400cc Inline 4 Motorcycle 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    We have been hearing about people who are finding it extremely difficult to obtain a new Chinese DL in some areas ,
    all it will take is one bad accident by a illegal uninsured, with no Chinese DL and a GoPro stuck on his head, to which the police will confiscated and post the video that shows the rider killing a few people that hits the Chinese social network then you will see the shit hit the fan , i wouldn't put it pass the Chinese Government to band all laowia from renewing DL ? j
    This happening most likely inevitable. For example if someone Greek has a fatal accident in Britain would the British govt ban all Greeks from driving in the UK? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. But that's not what might happen in China. So do you blame a stupid Laowei for ruining it for everyone else or blame the bigoted unreasonable attitude of Chinese ppl and govt?

Banned
    I upset a teacher or two here as they ride thru red lights unlicensed and no regard for manners or logic - I said monkey see monkey do American monkey
    I try teach manners and correct behavior try to do legal in China yet it always stops me
    But I keep trying and trying

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast