Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    So, I have problems with my zongshen 125-30

When it is cold it starts without problems but when it is hot it is really hard to start it, almost impossible. If I turn carburetor so it is working with small number of rpm when idling it is little harder to start if it is cold but it is easier to start it when hot, so that's the compromise for now, but it is not satisfying.

Despite that, bike is running well when started and except that I do not have any problems with it.

So, could someone please help me?

2. #2 Re: Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    Hi excrucio, this is a common problem with Chinese bikes and is easily fixed but you will need some special equipment. The first thing you will need is a jack or other form of lifting device such as a rope or even a strong woman. I see you live in Croatia so I think you have plenty of strong womens there.

Ok so lets begin, first you should attach your number plate to your lifting device or if you are using a strong woman have her grasp it firmly. Next find the attachment bolts for the number plate and carefully undo them, at the same time supporting the plate. What you are aiming to do is raise the plate high enough that you can remove the motorcycle from under it.

Then simply discard the whole motorcycle in a landfill or fire if this is allowed in your area. Now all you have to do is buy another motorcycle preferably of Japanese origin and gently insert it into the area under the number plate, carefully lower the plate and attach it using a pair of 6mm bolts and some self locking nuts.

Hope this sorts out your hot starting problem, let us know how you get on.

3. #3 Re: Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    C-Moto Guru
    Do you use the choke properly? User manual has often errors in that matter.
    Before you try to start the warm engine, set the chocke lever in opposite position. Maybe the choke is "permanently ON".
    This is my first thought to your problem.

How is it with fuel consumption?

The secound though is, maybe you should set the valve clearence. It could cause simmiraly problems.

Btw. under which make is sold the Zongshen in Croatia? In Poland it is sold as Junak 131.

4. #4 Re: Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes, I am using choke properly. In summer I do not need it at all when starting cold.
    And, when starting hot I even have to use choke to start it (if carburetor is not set up like I described).

Fuel consumption is about 2.5-2.7l/100km (I think, never measured properly.). Setting valve clearance is tricky because I do not have service manual and I haven't ever done that.

It is sold as Zongshen :D

C-Moto Guru
    Valve clearence you can take from any honda CG manual. I think it was 0,08 to 0.1 mm on both valves.

The fuel consumption shows that the engine has not too much gasoline.

6. #6 Re: Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by beniamin82 View Post
    The fuel consumption shows that the engine has not too much gasoline.
    What do you mean by that?

Too low consumption?
    From user manual is 2.2l/100km.

C-Moto Guru
    No. I meant it is ok.
    If he would be use 3 to 5liters it could show us that the carburetor seting is wrong, or the air filter is full of dirt.

Set the valves and write us if it helped.

8. #8 Re: Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    Da se ne bih mnogo mučio sa mojim očajno lošim engleskim jezikom, da kažem ovako: ja bih kao prvi korak preporučio jednostavan metod za podešavanje klasičnog "fergazera" sa cilindričnim šiberom, kakav je verovatno na tvom "Zongu", koga smo već pominjali na forumu - http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...e-Basics/page6

Znači, obezbedi da pre samog podešavanja sve bude u redu, pa tek potom kreni u podešavanje.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #9 Re: Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ma imam jedan vijak na karburatoru koji je dugačak i ima na sebi oprugu. Mogu ga rukom okretati i to sam i radio. No, ima još jedan...

Koji da okrećem? I za početak kako da namjestim taj s oprugom. Da bude mali ler, da bude veliki ler ili nešto između, da se fino čuje mašina, ni previše ni presporo?

10. #10 Re: Zongshen 125-30 problems 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    Hi excrucio, this is a common problem with Chinese bikes and is easily fixed but you will need some special equipment. The first thing you will need is a jack or other form of lifting device such as a rope or even a strong woman. I see you live in Croatia so I think you have plenty of strong womens there.

Ok so lets begin, first you should attach your number plate to your lifting device or if you are using a strong woman have her grasp it firmly. Next find the attachment bolts for the number plate and carefully undo them, at the same time supporting the plate. What you are aiming to do is raise the plate high enough that you can remove the motorcycle from under it.

Then simply discard the whole motorcycle in a landfill or fire if this is allowed in your area. Now all you have to do is buy another motorcycle preferably of Japanese origin and gently insert it into the area under the number plate, carefully lower the plate and attach it using a pair of 6mm bolts and some self locking nuts.

Hope this sorts out your hot starting problem, let us know how you get on.
    I have done this many times now and has worked out every time, but I would recommend using none Chinese made number plate bolts , 2 times now I have found that the police don't take kindly when I have been stopped on my bike without the number plate , on both occasion when I have explained to the police that the number plates was held on by Chinese made bolts there let me go with a stiff warning in future I must use Loctite
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast