Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    Looks like the ongoing changes made the bike less than what it should be. Not all changes will work if one does not test them in application.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

2. #12 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    The original Megelli concept has been around for so long I was 14 when it was first shown at the NEC Birmingham show, I was looking to get a 125 one when I was 17 but the bad quality had affected the supply so I ended up not getting one. I wish they had spent more time ensuring quality like CCW do would of been a better choice.
    P1000596.jpg
    2009-2011 Yamaha Jog RR
    2011-2013 Rieju Marathon Pro SM
    2013- Honda VFR 400R NC30

3. #13 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    A good engine for those would be the KSR DOHC 125cc, for the EU Market. Maybe the people at Megelli could strike a deal with the people at KSR? They could get bikes as knock down kits from Zongshen and then configure them with their water cooled 125cc engine. Didn’t you say that KSR has a facility?
    I think the standard 125cc is too weak an engine for that design, the NC250 is fine for it but will never garner any volume sales in Europe. If they got the 15hp six speed in those they would get more consideration, maybe the Austrian could refine them to the level of the KTM Duke and Yamaha MT-125?
    KSR could co-distribute/support with Megelli and in that build a stronger retail network. Also it seems the people behind Megelli may have some access to design to production skills, KSR should not be married to QJ and or Kiska.

In Zongshen having production and also selling the models in China, they get the needed economy of scale, which keeps costs down per unit. In order to further that, there is a need for a suitable 125cc for all the EU nations, they all I believe are moving towards a common 125cc learner class standard.
    Ideally having a retail network in each EU nation is the goal, which is a common interest for both Megelli and KSR. Also KSR should consider the costs of the 125cc production, they already have and strive to also attain a better economy of scale for it, that is what Zongshen did with its NC250, they sell the heck out of it and also use it in their own models, proliferation in the market wins in many ways.

4. #14 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    The KSR is a QJ made engine it's got reasonable reviews but much like the Derbi/Aprilia 125 4 stroke engine revvy but not as torquey as a SOHC engine like the Yamaha. in regards to the KTM Duke 125 engine it looks nice but the quality is below what you would expect problems with fork seals, gearbox jumping out of gear and a fair few reports of the allows cracking on potholes not denting but actually cracking apart. Megelli used SYM 125's which are very low stressed low output engines possibly getting a Yamaha Minarelli engine would of been a better option many companies in Europe this engine "Rieju, Motorhispania, HM, Fantic, Beta and Husqvarna before the KTM takeover."

To afford a Minarelli engine and sell it on will be expensive a QJ engine range would be better having a suitable LC 125cc and 250cc singles and a 250-300cc twin engine.

From China the only relatively interesting 125-150cc engine is that of the CFmoto 150NK which was styled by Kiska the designers of KTM road bikes but this is a little low powered too comparably to the best 150cc bikes on the global market place.
    2009-2011 Yamaha Jog RR

5. #15 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    And nobody shows interest to use late MZ's 125 cc engine seened on their new "Reichstyp"...
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #16 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    There may be a water cooled 125cc version in the works at Jianshe? Jianshe recently put their 150cc four valve into production. I cannot imagine that Yamaha would appreciate them selling any engine that was intended to displace the Mineralli sales in the EU though.
    Is the MZ 125 engine made in Erzgebirge? Did MZ stop production? They went bankrupt in 2013.

7. #17 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    The 125 market has been starved of new breakthrough. Maybe most manufacturers looking at other sizes where they can make more impact and sales
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

8. #18 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Is the MZ 125 engine made in Erzgebirge? Did MZ stop production? They went bankrupt in 2013.
    As I know, MZ doesn't make anything anymore, but certainly someone has rights and documentation for that preety contemporary engine. Even that is a commodity that can be sold on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    The 125 market has been starved of new breakthrough.
    IMO, that is long past time - 125 cc reached his zenith in late 80's and early 90's. That was era of faisty two-strokers without or with some not so strict limitations. Today "the thrill is gone" (God rest B.B.'s soul) - you got only lazy four-strokers with up to 15 HP.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #19 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    The Mz 125 is a interesting engine it was updated a few times I remember a few years ago it had a new valve system developed and was placed in a Blata 125 bike under the Mz name. speak for yourself when I had a 125 in 2011 it was a Yamaha engine with a Keihin carb when the air restriction and ECU restriction taken out it produced 20bhp and when I big bored it the power was up to 26bhp.

Mz filed for bankruptcy a few years ago the market in Europe wasn't ready for the electric scooters they were producing and the development costs they were undertaken ultimately killed the company yet again Ideally if it was taken under BMW as a cheaper marque it could do well.
    2009-2011 Yamaha Jog RR

10. #20 Re: Hisun Vetturino a Chinese Ninja 250R? 
    According to this report since 2011 has the Hisun 250 twin been produced I have seen a few things posted from South america of them being sold and for sale the report below is from France.
    http://www.turbo.fr/actualite-automo...-250-chinoise/
    2009-2011 Yamaha Jog RR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast