Hi guys,

I'm new to these forums, as a few weeks ago I just bought my first ever motorcycle - a Lifan 250GY-2 Cossack. In some countries it's sold as just the Cossack 250, such as the Sky Cossack 250cc.

Anyway, the bike has passed around 900km and it's almost due to have it's first service interval. Note that I replaced the oil at 500km as that was advised by the service manual.

Today while riding I noticed that no matter which gear I'm in - 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. if I pull on the throttle, the engine RPM's go way up high while the motorcycle doesn't pick up much speed - that's the first indication of a slipping clutch as far as I know. I went to a repair shop and they test drove the bike and said it's definitely the clutch going bad, they'll need to change those 2 or 3 plates in Wednesday as that's when the parts come in.

My question is, do you think this is true, and even possible, for a bike that hasn't had it's first service yet? Not even 1000km and my clutch is almost dead? I read somewhere that maybe the oil is not right for the bike, so does anyone have any idea what's the best oil to use for these kinds of bikes (mineral, synthetic, viscosity, etc.). The bike currently has motorcycle-specialized Motul 5000 20W50 mineral oil, so I have no idea how this is possible. The manual advised for 15W40, but that kind of similar to what the bike is currently running.

Please help :(