Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline 125 not starting/fuel issues 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys, Im new to this site so kinda hoping you guys will help me out!

I recently salvaged a fuel tank and engine out of a moped for a little project I've got going on, anyway the fuel tank was full when i got it, and the fuel in it was decent, it had been sat around for a while but i knew it was good as it ran the engine from the moped before i took them out. I noticed i was a bit low on fuel in my adrenaline so i decided to use the fuel from the other tank. it started up perfectly fine and was idling nicely, but every time i tried to give it some throttle, the bike would kinda splutter a bit and then cut out on me (choke was fully open as i was warming up the engine), it would start back up perfectly fine and idle nice, but then the same happened again when i went to throttle it. I managed to ride it on the clutch to the end of the car park before it finally just gave up on me and died. Obviously as the adrenaline doesn't have a kick start, all I've been using is the electric start. after countless attempts of turning the engine over, it finally came to life. Same story again, i throttled it and it just cut out. I drained the fuel out of the tank and replaced it with fresh fuel, and still no luck. I've even tried bump starting it and just nothing.

This is really starting to frustrate me now as i don't know much about bikes and i just want it running as its already caused me to miss a day of work.

If you guys have any suggestions as to whats wrong or that you know how to sort it, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks, Levi! :)

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 not starting/fuel issues 
    It sounds like its starved for fuel, if it started and ran fine for a bit that was probably what was in the bowl before you added the bad fuel. Once that fuel in the bowl was used up you got into the bad fuel.
    I would drain the carb and try again, charge the battery too since you likely drained it.
    If you have a fully charged battery and drained the bad fuel from the carb it should start.

Also make sure your petcock is open, it should point to the ground if it is pointing to the front of the bike it is off and if pointing to the back of the bike it’s on reserve. That type of bike will give you odd behavior if it has full tank and running off the reserve.
    If you kept attempting to start it, you definitely ran down the battery, they only have so many cranks in those little batteries.

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 not starting/fuel issues 
    C-Moto Noob
    Okay il do that and then il let you know if that works! Thank you:)

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125 not starting/fuel issues 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi again,

I've tried what you said, and still no luck. The bike will start momentarily but will cut out again, it's almost as if it's not dragging the fuel through. I'm really stuck on what to do.