Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    I know I know...
    But anyway I want to buy a gas scooter (with fake plates?) and I want to ask for advice
    1) where to buy,
    2) where to drive,
    3) how to fill gas
    And any other useful info.
    I was considering an e-scooter but it sucks to always worry about the battery and I need to look for apartment now so will have to drive a lot
    thanks

2. #2 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by kozynak View Post
    I know I know...
    But anyway I want to buy a gas scooter (with fake plates?) and I want to ask for advice
    1) where to buy, Don't
    2) where to drive, Don't
    3) how to fill gas Don't
    And any other useful info.
    I was considering an e-scooter but it sucks to always worry about the battery and I need to look for apartment now so will have to drive a lot
    thanks
    Your original e-scooter idea was better. Simply buy one with a HUGE electric motor and claim that the previous laowei owner sold it to you as being a 'legally compliant 200W bike', and you had no idea.

If you buy a gas-powered scooter without registration or insurance you will be turned into a human ATM if you have an accident with a pedestrian or cyclist, even if it wasn't your fault, play the game and play it smart. These days ebikes can rival gas motors especially if you are riding under a 50km range. Don't worry about an ebike battery, simply remove it, take it home and charge it.

If you really want to leave the city and explore on a bike then that's a different scenario.

3. #3 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    These days ebikes can rival gas motors especially if you are riding under a 50km range. Don't worry about an ebike battery, simply remove it, take it home and charge it.

That's the point, right now I will be looking for an apartment and this means a lot of riding, because I live not in the center and I want to move to the center.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Simply buy one with a HUGE electric motor and claim that the previous laowei owner sold it to you as being a 'legally compliant 200W bike', and you had no idea
    You mean to buy new one or used one? If I buy new one, how can I claim anything, the fapiao is there

4. #4 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    That's the point, right now I will be looking for an apartment and this means a lot of riding, because I live not in the center and I want to move to the center.

You mean to buy new one or used one? If I buy new one, how can I claim anything, the fapiao is there
    Obviously I mean that you have a bike that 'looks like' a 2nd hand ebike, obviously the previous foreigner lost all the the receipts.
    So now you have a massively powerful ebike that can accelerate very quickly and go a long way, you have 'no idea' that it is illegal. Much better than even riding an obviously illegal 100cc gas powered scooter that the police actively fish for, to bust people.

5. #5 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    OK may be
    anyway if someone can answer my questions you are welcome

6. #6 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Senior
    OK may be
    anyway if someone can answer my questions you are welcome
    Reckon ya'll fit right in with the current MCM crowd using fake docs and dodgy engines.

Ride safe and enjoy constantly looking over your shoulder while riding as they are coming for you.... PAL

7. #7 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Because ebikes suck, 50km range on 30km/h? Fucking joke. And no need to scaremonger here. "They" are NOT "coming for me", "they" just take 200 kuai and let go because "they" know it is impossible to follow law in China. Show me one laowai who paid 5000 fine or went to prison for this

8. #8 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    ???????
    Last edited by prince666; 06-10-2015 at 03:26 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #9 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    You sure know how to make friends Pal once again a great post life must be very boring for you at this time in your life
    Hi prince666, can I kindly ask you not to post in this thread, TBH not seen useful posts by you. Thanks for cooperation. I don't need your answers or advises. I mean if you can hold it of course

10. #10 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    ???????
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast