Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    again, prince666, kindly don't post here

2. #12 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by kozynak View Post
    again, prince666, kindly don't post here

All done removed post
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks

4. #14 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    Kozynak,
    You can be put in a detention center for 15 days if you are caught riding without proper documents. Will that ever happen? Who knows....
    You can forget the idea that Laowai are something special in China, that was like 15 years ago....
    If you hit someone they WILL make you pay unless you run, if you run and you are caught they will shit on you. If someone is in an accident this is the Chinese lotto winner scenario mentality and without insurance they may well come back time and time again forcing you to payout again and again, could cost you 10,000 minimum a shot and how sick you'll feel when it was caused most likely by them running into the road without looking, many foreigners on and off these boards have been forced to pay.

Not all ebikes are equal, most have small motors, but you can find ones with illegally big motors, my next bike may be a Zero SR (although an SR would need to be plated as it's too obviously something special), which is as power as my current 650cc twin. If you have an accident on an ebike one it's better because the lazy cops will have to PROVE that you have a big motor in it, as most ebikes don't need insurance you are much less likely to be dragged over the coals and you can plead ignorance. If I lived in Shanghai I'd buy a stealth ebike that looked normal, but in fact had 10kw or more. Thing is on an illegal gas scooter you are always illegal, there is no debate and no possibility to plead innocent.

5. #15 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    37999 for Zero SR?? Shanghai cops will just take away and you will be begging them.

And if they take away my 1500 kuai scooter fuck it

next time you post advice something realistic will you. I am looking for something cheap for 70km range

6. #16 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    Quote Originally Posted by kozynak View Post
    37999 for Zero SR?? Shanghai cops will just take away and you will be begging them.

And if they take away my 1500 kuai scooter fuck it

next time you post advice something realistic will you. I am looking for something cheap for 70km range
    I said the Zero SR would need to be plated, and is just an example of a powerful ebike, not as you seem to think every ebike has 300 watts and goes 30km/h. Just as you can buy shitty Chinese electric cars or a Tesla.

There was some other guy on these boards that has a regular looking ebike, but has a massive motor in it, he says it can out perform a 250cc bike, but a 125cc would be fine for you. I can't remember the guys name and the search function is crap, but those bikes are out there, go find one.

7. #17 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    why did i remove my last post?
    shit this is a open THREAD
    IMO you are just brain dead and how can people advise you?
    But i hope you can still read this .....

Foreigner in motor accident to be deported for illegal activities

December 11, 2013

A male foreigner who was involved in an incident of "foreign man blackmailed when helping a woman who fell down" will be fined and deported from China for illegal activities, Beijing police said on Wednesday.

The police said the unnamed foreigner did hit a Chinese woman while riding his motorbike, causing minor injuries of the woman on Dec. 2.

Based on video records and verifications, Beijing police found the foreigner had no driving license and his motorcycle had no license plate, and he was carrying a passenger on his motorcycle and driving on the wrong way.

He was given punishment including seven-day detention and a fine of 1,500 yuan for his aforementioned violations of traffic regulations, said police.

Police also found that the man and his father were working in Beijing without permit. According to relevant Chinese laws, he will be detained for five days and fined 5,000 yuan, and his father will be detained 14 days and fined for 10,000 yuan. They will be deported from China according to law, police said.

Their employer will be fined 20,000 yuan, according to police.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #18 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    C-Moto Noob
    Off topic deleted by moderator
    Last edited by ZMC888; 06-10-2015 at 11:00 AM.

9. #19 Re: Driving illegal scooter in Shanghai 
    Off topic deleted by moderator
    Last edited by ZMC888; 06-10-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12