Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 CFMoto 650TK/TR Upgrades/Wishlist 
    Hi All,

Just starting a thread on 650TK/TR upgrades and/or wishlist. Since CFMoto is constantly introducing running changes/upgrades to the motorbike, I am checking out what do you like to see on the 650TK/TR. Some of them may apply to 650NK too. Perhaps CFMoto can get some ideas from here.

Since my bike in 2014, CFMoto has the longer screen and longer side stand made available. Latest one is the availability of ABS brakes. My wish list is as follows:
    1. Taller windscreen that is adjustable. Best if it is electrically adjustable.
    2. More accurate LCD info panel. The clock will tick faster as time goes by. The fuel gauge can be more accurate.
    3. Gear position indicator.
    4. Better clip fastener on the panniers. The pressure of the current placement can cause them to loosen up.
    5. Better seat design
    6. Replace the H8 light bulbs with tiwin H1 low/high bulbs. This allow twin bulbs to be used for low and high. Perhaps use LED bulbs as it is more energy efficient.

Please add your wish list.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

2. #2 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Upgrades/Wishlist 
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Hi All,

Just starting a thread on 650TK/TR upgrades and/or wishlist. Since CFMoto is constantly introducing running changes/upgrades to the motorbike, I am checking out what do you like to see on the 650TK/TR. Some of them may apply to 650NK too. Perhaps CFMoto can get some ideas from here.

Since my bike in 2014, CFMoto has the longer screen and longer side stand made available. Latest one is the availability of ABS brakes. My wish list is as follows:
    1. Taller windscreen that is adjustable. Best if it is electrically adjustable.
    2. More accurate LCD info panel. The clock will tick faster as time goes by. The fuel gauge can be more accurate.
    3. Gear position indicator.
    4. Better clip fastener on the panniers. The pressure of the current placement can cause them to loosen up.
    5. Better seat design
    6. Replace the H8 light bulbs with tiwin H1 low/high bulbs. This allow twin bulbs to be used for low and high. Perhaps use LED bulbs as it is more energy efficient.

Please add your wish list.
    Some good point made here Dave to improve the TR I would like to add CENTER STAND , but I am sorry to say you "can't polish a trud " Had a TR and now sold just glad to be out of the TR , wish you luck with yours.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Upgrades/Wishlist 
    Thanks. What do you ride now? I will keep the TK for a while. It is just a stepping stone before going for a proper pukka tourer.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

4. #4 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Upgrades/Wishlist 
    bike1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Thanks. What do you ride now? I will keep the TK for a while. It is just a stepping stone before going for a proper pukka tourer.

Hi Dave
    Maybe I was I bit hard with my comments with my TR but when the bike comes out of the box with a water pump seal shot and are told by CF to go and fuck spiders , and with the clutch cable snap after 4000km with the same view from CF you can understand my comments Dave .

Unlike you who don't live in China you have a much bigger choice of bikes, we here in China can punchers legal BMW,HONDA, YAMAHA but at a very high cost.
    Today left in my garage is a CF Jetlux 250cc up for sale and a Yamaha YBR KG will keep just for fun and have a HONDA CRF 250L in Thailand, great bike would love to get a legal one here in China.

bike.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by prince666; 06-10-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: CFMoto 650TK/TR Upgrades/Wishlist 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    bike1.jpg

Hi Dave
    Maybe I was I bit hard with my comments with my TR but when the bike comes out of the box with a water pump seal shot and are told by CF to go and fuck spiders , and with the clutch cable snap after 4000km with the same view from CF you can understand my comments Dave .

Unlike you who don't live in China you have a much bigger choice of bikes, we here in China can punchers legal BMW,HONDA, YAMAHA but at a very high cost.
    Today left in my garage is a CF Jetlux 250cc up for sale and a Yamaha YBR KG will keep just for fun and have a HONDA CRF 250L in Thailand, great bike would love to get a legal one here in China.

bike.jpg
    It's OK. I have my fair share of trouble with my 650 TK/TR. The first one was that the radiator fan did not work. It is detrimental to the point, I got boiling point during a traffic jam. The dealer said the fuse not working or loose connection. Next tested the 12V socket and it doesn't work. Dealer has to order a whole new socket in. No parts number as mine was the latest one back then. So that prompted replacement. Next the seat latch bent when the dealer didnt put it back correctly and there is a tear near the seams on the inner seat cover.. That will be claimed for warranty on its next service. That's the problems I encountered so far on its 12,000 km ride. Other than that never miss a beat.

Have to say my dealer been pretty good. Got the longer screen and longer side stand in from CFMoto Australia though it took them nearly 2 weeks. The stand will go on it during the next service in few weeks time. The LED lights working great and oh so bright. A pick up driver turned to have a look when I passed him during this morning rush hour. It was still dark then but the lights got his attention. So the bike is visible with all that 3200 Lumens. Total 6400 Lumens if I swich the high beam on!
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750