Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    I went into the EPA database for 2009, for Jianshe it has these… Model JS250ATV-8, JS250ATV-8A, and QS250ATV-8 engine 229.6.
    Here is site that sold yours it has your model, even the engine emblem is the same,
    http://quicksandoffroad.com/atvs_scorpion.html

They look out of bussiness.

What is the engine code stamped on it? Its not the same engine as in the Raptor 250.

2. #22 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Wow!! That's Awesome!!

Engine code: JS171FMM-7
    . *08E00007*

3. #23 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    another place that looks to be selling them in Australia
    https://www.xtrememotorbikes.com.au/...orts-quad-new/
    71*58 bore and stroke.

4. #24 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That one's a little different, 4spd n water cooled, the first one you showed me was EXACTLY IT!!!! The starter is on the front side of the engine...what other engine would fit in there??? What engine is it modelled after?? The guy that sells ChineseManuals said he didn't have mine ...but to order his TIMBERWOLF manual because it the same engine...but that engine is shaft drive...

5. #25 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    it has the engine in the XT225, that is what the engine is.
    That I am sure of.

yeah the one from extreme sports is not yours.

6. #26 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    How would I order a high performance exhaust??? What would I compare it to???
    And if I order clutch plates for the 225 they would fit in my Chinese engine?? Thanks for all your help!!!! ....and why is the power rating so different from the Chinese engine (10kw) to the Japanese engine (15kw)????

And this question might sound stupid but shouldn't this quad have enough power to do a "wheelie"??? The wheelie bar has the scrape marks like the previous owner has done them but when I try it doesn't seem to have the power/toque to lift the front end up...I've wheelied everything I've ever ridin but this one!!! That's why I'm wondering if I might need new clutch plates, they don't seem bad (no obvious signs ex:high reving) but it feels like there should be more to the power...the vin tag n website you gave me list it at 10kw which is 13.5hp and it weighs 400lbs that should be enough power right??? Maybe I should change the sprockets??? That is definitely the engine thanks for that!!!!
    Last edited by bucklove; 07-22-2015 at 12:30 AM.

7. #27 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    What's the shape & measurement of those fraction plates?
    http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14830&page=4

8. #28 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    Performance tuning is not about the engine so much as the carb and exhaust, typically a less restrictive exhaust and increased jets help. It’s not a power house @10kw, but I noticed that similar engines in ATV’s typically are rated lower than motorcycles. That engine is similar to the engine in the Zongshen GS250. As for clutch plates it may use the same as the Timberwolf, XT250 or ZS250, however your dilemma is not likely to go away, in that there is no parts book for yours available and no retail source with verifiable parts.
    If you really need something specific you are going to have to focus on that one thing and then may have to take a chance, which is why I said you should check return policies.
    It looks like the guys at Chinariders also racked their brains on this…
    If you ever buy Chinese its best practice to verify parts sources first, seriously too, not at a glance. A simple image search on a model number is good way to start, the more common the better. That being the more sold then odds of part sales is better. Also if it is sold in china then taobao is a source of low cost parts which is best.

9. #29 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks MJH!! I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner I didn't get a notification. I've been looking around and I noticed a lot of the parts are the same as the 450 so I just ordered a whole rear brake assembly from calliper to aluminum brake pedal and everything in between for $50 I've basically got every thing fixed up right!!! I now know where to get most every part I need!!! Thanks for all your help guys, I couldn't have done it without you!!! I'm very happy with this quad... I'm just going to replace any broken parts with Yamaha parts!!! I just have to do the carb and exhaust... It has a TK Japanese 30 mm carburetor should I stay with that and get bigger jets or do I need to replace it with a mikuni or keihlin??? And what's a good inexpensive slip on exhaust to use??? Thanks again for all your help Matt
    Last edited by bucklove; 07-31-2015 at 05:46 AM.

10. #30 Re: 2008 Jianshe JS250 ATV-8 PARTS???? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Update: the clutch plates are the same as YZ85 and a handfull of other Yamaha product, the engine is a YFM250 chain driven, I did a Z1 exhaust mod and removed the air cover n put in a K&N air filter with an outerwear and changed the main jet from a 96 to a 130 and left the pilot at 34 but I have a 40 for it but it's running fine right now. Now on to light/starter switch, key switch and performance CDI!!
    Thanks for all the help!! Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123