Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    Barry,
    By any chance do you know what a new one is running for here in paradise? I am thinking about selling my JH600 and moving onto something else. I was thinking the BMWF800GS supposed to come in at around RMB140K but this might be a more reasonable option......
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

2. #12 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    Barry,
    By any chance do you know what a new one is running for here in paradise? I am thinking about selling my JH600 and moving onto something else. I was thinking the BMWF800GS supposed to come in at around RMB140K but this might be a more reasonable option......
    I bought a GS Sept '14. Came with centre stand, factory integrated heated grips, integrated hazard lights, Powerlet accessory plug, and wire wheels (I've added so many farkles since). The KLE650 was on my radar but it's not a dual sport though I do like the Kwaka having seen them at last years '14 CIMA show. If the DL650 'Wee' was better priced for PRC (not the 145K+ as it is at the moment), I would have seriously considered it. The Wee-Strom is priced more than the F800GS, and having seen the new F800GS being delivered to excited foreign/expat owners in Thailand while I was in northern Thailand earlier this year, it is a no brainer between the F800GS and DL650 given the pricing here. That being stated though I still like the CB500X as a platform to play with, it's just a shame that the model is not being imported here despite the CBR500 and CB500F being imported. Don't really understand that decision since I'd think the CB500X would be the better suited model for the local conditions. But hey what do I know... LOL.

Not sure if you might be interested waiting for the CFMoto 650MT (aka 650AK) ADV bike which is Kiska designed...

KLE650 MSRP 82800 + tax
    F700GS MSRP 127800 + tax (there is a 5% discount at the moment) because...
    F800GS MSRP 140000 + tax (ex Thailand) ETA November '15.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 06-25-2015 at 05:32 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #13 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    Thank you sir! Interesting......
    DT

4. #14 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    Barry,
    Hi was at Kawasaki in Beijing yesterday and was told all the GREEN Versys are sold and only had 1 black one ready at a cost of 83.100 RMB , also most of the other bikes was sold but was unable to deliver them to the customer due to not having the import document issued by the Chinese custom . Was told the Chinese custom are restricting the issue of such documents.
    The Versya is a great bike for general riding in China but due to the tyre size 17" all round the BMW F800GS with 21"/18" would be a better suited bike for touring around China with the likelihood of having to ride on dirt/off-road condition IMO

june 2015 258.jpg

june 2015 259.jpg

june 2015 261.jpg

june 2015 263.jpg

june 2015 268.jpg

As the Doc said we need to wait what comes out of CF with the CF650MT it could be of interest
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #15 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    june 2015 309.jpg

Contact details
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #16 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    Bikerdoc,
    Do you know the latest on when the CF Moto 650MT launches? Guesstimated sales cost?

I have no doubt the BMW F800GS is a better bike. I own a R1200GSA and love it. However, I can buy my R1200GSA all day in the USA for US$25K or around RMB150K. That is the most I want to spend on any motorcycle anywhere. The Versys is completely in my price comfort zone even with China taxes added. The BMW is right at the maximum before plating. I started racing MX in the late 60's, still have my Bultaco Bandito, I finally quit racing 20 years ago, a little off road or dirt road fun is plenty for me now but I want reliability and some dealer support for a change here in China.... The Versys gives me an option I had not considered.......
    DT

7. #17 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    Thank you for the contact information Prince but I will try to stay closer to Nanjing for my purchase unless there is something of a super deal to move me farther than Shanghai to source a new bike.
    DT

8. #18 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Guesstimate on the CFMoto 650MT or AK whatever nomenclature CFMoto decide on... according to the Marketing Director - ETA in the latter half of this year. No word on price, but suspect it to be similar pricing to the new TR which has ABS. The MT/AK will also have ABS... and it's designed by Kiska who design for KTM. If the Kiska 150NK & 650NK designs (which differ to the NK's most people on this forum have AFAIK) is anything to go by the MT/AK should be a significant competitor... but that's just guessing on my part.
    IMO even QJ Benelli have felt the pressure from CFMoto and are going to release a revised BN600/BJ600GS-A with ABS in 2016. Anyway I digress, I'd like to think that CFMoto will get their shiet together, but then they'll be let down on the dealer support and servicing side in PRC... - that model needs to change IMO.

I think the Versys is a great bike, but it's no ADV... On the flip side, why not consider the 700GS? It's being discounted -5% at the moment and since it shares the same 799cc engine as the 800GS, got a 19" front wheel, ABS, has a centre stand, heated grips, Powerlet plug, and has TC etc. Importantly it sits within your budget. You know how the locals are, they hyper-salivate over BMW so should go fairly well at resale time. However I do agree the price can be hard to stomach, the 700GS here costs more than my Super Tenere - and that comes packed with everything - well almost.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #19 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    The BMW F700GS on a trailer outside Kawasaki Dealer in Beijing as the Doc said it's a much better suited bike for ALL over China then the Versya and come with 19" front tyres ?? and will be discounted when the F800 GS hits the dealers here from Thailand and with the De-tuned engine the range should be over 400km ?

june 2015 284.jpg

june 2015 285.jpg

june 2015 286.jpg

10. #20 Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Guesstimate on the CFMoto 650MT or AK whatever nomenclature CFMoto decide on... according to the Marketing Director - ETA in the latter half of this year. No word on price, but suspect it to be similar pricing to the new TR which has ABS. The MT/AK will also have ABS... and it's designed by Kiska who design for KTM. If the Kiska 150NK & 650NK designs (which differ to the NK's most people on this forum have AFAIK) is anything to go by the MT/AK should be a significant competitor... but that's just guessing on my part.
    IMO even QJ Benelli have felt the pressure from CFMoto and are going to release a revised BN600/BJ600GS-A with ABS in 2016. Anyway I digress, I'd like to think that CFMoto will get their shiet together, but then they'll be let down on the dealer support and servicing side in PRC... - that model needs to change IMO.

I think the Versys is a great bike, but it's no ADV... On the flip side, why not consider the 700GS? It's being discounted -5% at the moment and since it shares the same 799cc engine as the 800GS, got a 19" front wheel, ABS, has a centre stand, heated grips, Powerlet plug, and has TC etc. Importantly it sits within your budget. You know how the locals are, they hyper-salivate over BMW so should go fairly well at resale time. However I do agree the price can be hard to stomach, the 700GS here costs more than my Super Tenere - and that comes packed with everything - well almost.
    The F700GS V1, also comes WITHOUT centre stand, gear indicator and heated grips!

All the Kawa parts I would like to add will cost me just below 7000 RMB, when buying them abroad. That's including LED-lights which are about 2/5th of the total. So that would be roughly 90K RMB for bike + extras. Still leaves a gap of 35-40k RMB with the F700GS. For the difference you can get a Shineray X2 or X5 for traveling China ;)
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast