Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: WK Bikes

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    With all the CF moto hype that has been writttan over the last few years from Alan Cathcart and such,,it has not corresponded to sales,,I work on the streets of London and never see any 650s,,maybe a ratty WK 125 sports bike...In my opinion,,in the UK they are still overvalued..Buying second hand jap is better value..Anybody have any info regarding the WK adventure 400?

2. #72 Re: WK Bikes 
    senior member of mcm
    i have`nt seen a kawasaki h2 ninja on the road so that makes them crap ? lol

and how can they me over valued when they are half the price of a equivalent jap bike ?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do

3. #73 Re: WK Bikes 
    A 650NK/650i is just a mediocre copy of a 2006 Kawasaki ER6N.
    If you can find a 2nd hand low mileage one from 2006-2010 even the dumbest of the dumbest should realize it's a better bike than an NK for the same money.
    Paid for positive reviews are a sad fact of life these days. Also how can you get any idea of the long term reliability of a bike from 400 miles ride or two?
    You'd only buy a new NK if you were paranoid about 2nd hand bikes having been abused or you totally overvalue the idea of a warranty, that can actually be a PITA in the UK.

4. #74 Re: WK Bikes 
    senior member of mcm
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do

5. #75 Re: WK Bikes 
    If I had a choice between a new CF NK and a used ER6N, I would rather have the Kawasaki.
    This is today and real actual options, WK is clearing out the inventory of the 650’s they may continue with new models I doubt they will come with a 1k discount , they will be ABS models and with likely higher price tags. They may have other improvements as well.
    The new NK, which is actually likely 2 years old, is 50% off the price of a ER6N however that’s a sale on old inventory, the new if they continue to sell them NK will likely be 4500 and only 25% off the ER6N, unless Kawasaki raises it prices, which are by the way MSRP not what you can actually get them for through shopping and negotiating.
    For example just a quick search on Gumtree found a brand new 2015 ER6N for 5k and that is 1k off

6. #76 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYTEAM View Post
    i have`nt seen a kawasaki h2 ninja on the road so that makes them crap ? lol

and how can they me over valued when they are half the price of a equivalent jap bike ?
    I never said the 650 was crap,,but to the general biking public ,,they think its garbage and over valued,,thats a fact!! I bought a chinsese dirt bike (Bashan 250) for #1299,it lasted 7000 miles and then was taken by scroates,now I think that was pretty good vaalue,a year ago I seem to remember the TL650 was selling for about 5000 new ,at that time I bought a 30 000 mile BMW rt for 5000 in good nick..Would you honestly have chosen the TL over the BM,,of course not!!

7. #77 Re: WK Bikes 
    The general biking public is for the most part oblivious to CFMOTO. The company has a fragmented distribution network globally and their inventory is not flying out of these smaller dealer networks.
    They are not meeting the order winning criteria, they make a version of another manufactures model. It is less in cost, but not better for less, it’s less for less. Not a horror story, most of the owners have had no or some minor issues, leaking instrument cluster, as in not water tight, warped brake rotors, the worst have had unsolvable stalling problems. All motorcycles have some issues, it is referred to a percentage of defects. The better made major brand have less, which is why the term risk is used, the risk on the CFMOTO is higher as it has more issues, not all only some of the bikes sold had problems, a matter of luck. Then for the minor issues the second class dealers should be able to resolve those, but get a bike that has problems with an ECU or sensors and that is another story.
    Buy the way I am fairly certain the bestselling version of the Kawasaki 650 twin in the EU is the VERSYS. CFMOTO was supposed to be developing a version of it, however they may have decided that was not a good model for them since they may now realize that price is not all people consider when purchasing, their low sales numbers actually prove that.

8. #78 Re: WK Bikes 
    Another thing is that CFMOTO believed that them making a 650cc version of a Concours would do well in markets, they were not correct in that assumption as most in the markets did not even make a connection.
    These are also being discounted to 3.5k, a low cost option for a sport tourer at that price, I believe they made some modification to it for 2016 and it is likely to stay in production, which flies in the face of what most manufactures do when a model does not do well, they typically drop it from production and go back to market researching and developing. Which is also interesting, since many of the Chinese’s manufactures have pretty tight margins, they sell cheap and their factories are not highly profitable, their philosophy is that they will eventually displace the competition and then reap the rewards, but that is a fallacy as price is not the only criteria when buying a motorcycle. It is passion driven and in that performance is measured and they often want the most and do not settle for lesser for less, not in the category they are selling into.

9. #79 Re: WK Bikes 
    senior member of mcm
    you can say what you want but people genuinely like them , and i have yet to find a bad review, except negative comments on here by people who have never owned the 650...

10. #80 Re: WK Bikes 
    In my opinion a bike should have no issues in the first 20 000 km / 2 years, else it is a lemon. 6 months / 10 000 km is NOTHING.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast