Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: WK Bikes

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. #101 Re: WK Bikes 
    I'm a huge fan of ABS in any country I was just trying to be not argumentative about the guys views about ABS systems in general.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #102 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi all

Pretty mute point really, as in EU at least, ABS going to be mandatory from Jan 2017 on new bikes !!

Cheers

Tony

3. #103 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Phil and welcome to MCM

The new CFMoto TR-G has a switchable ABS systems so "IF" you are correct about ABS being no good on bikes like a TR then you have the best of both worlds.
    I am sure many people would disagree with your views on ABS systems in general.
    We do not get the G model or the ABS over here in the UK yet, could be a couple of years off, could not wait that long for one, so the non ABS one will do until the G model arrives then I will buy one of those, as long as they fit a centre stand.

On the G model the handle bars are further back and foot rests further forward giving a much more comfortable riding position for touring.

4. #104 Re: WK Bikes 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I have bought a WK-650TR and it is great, goes well, handles great, lots of stainless nuts and bolts, German suspension and tyres a bargain at £3599, now it is fine saying hold on until the ABS comes out, but it will not be at the same price by a long way, I have had to brake from speed and found no problems, ABS could be very unnerving if you have ever had it kick in, in a car, I do not recommend it on a 650 bike. It would be only useful on a BMW 1200 or an 1800 Goldwing in the wet or on very greasy roads and by the time it kicks in you are probably off anyway.
    Welcome to the community! Like you, I have a CFMoto 650 TK (TR). I hold out for the latest 2014 model when they upgraded the brakes, extra gauges and some other bits. It has been faultless except for the radiator fan not working (fuse) and the 12V charger. Both have been sorted out by warranty. I have fitted longer factory screen which now is available as standard with additional MRA X-Creen touring on top. A longer leg stand plus Air Hawk seat and cruise control. Grips warmer is installed and pretty much working a treat the past 2 winters. Raked up 27,000km so far. Tyres are now Michelin Pilot Road 4! Thoroughly recommended them. Way better than the Continental Road Attack 2 fitted as standard on mine. Lasted 17,000km btw. Didn't miss the ABS at all.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

5. #105 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Welcome to the community! Like you, I have a CFMoto 650 TK (TR). I hold out for the latest 2014 model when they upgraded the brakes, extra gauges and some other bits. It has been faultless except for the radiator fan not working (fuse) and the 12V charger. Both have been sorted out by warranty. I have fitted longer factory screen which now is available as standard with additional MRA X-Creen touring on top. A longer leg stand plus Air Hawk seat and cruise control. Grips warmer is installed and pretty much working a treat the past 2 winters. Raked up 27,000km so far. Tyres are now Michelin Pilot Road 4! Thoroughly recommended them. Way better than the Continental Road Attack 2 fitted as standard on mine. Lasted 17,000km btw. Didn't miss the ABS at all.
    What make is the cruise control.

6. #106 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    The MRA X-Creen is that an extra or did it come with the longer factory screen

7. #107 Re: WK Bikes 
    What make is the cruise control.
    Can't recall but it may be Oxford I think.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

8. #108 Re: WK Bikes 
    The MRA X-Creen is that an extra or did it come with the longer factory screen
    The MRA X-Creen is an extra. I got the touring version and the bolt-on kit. Don't fancy myself drilling holes in the screen to attach it.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

9. #109 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Senior
    The MRA X-Creen is an extra. I got the touring version and the bolt-on kit. Don't fancy myself drilling holes in the screen to attach it.
    Been googling them, there are a number of different versions for different bikes but nothing for the TR

10. #110 Re: WK Bikes 
    Been googling them, there are a number of different versions for different bikes but nothing for the TR
    I use the x-creen on top of my bike OEM screen. I use the optional clamp (XCC) instead of the standard drill holed mount. I got the clear screen touring version.
    http://mra.de/en/x-creen/
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast