3. #13 Re: WK Bikes 
    A tidy number for WK bikes.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

4. #14 Re: WK Bikes 
    They will likely pick up any new CFMoto offerings as the come into production, if the NK150 was an NK125 and had a DOHC it sell well, as would a version of the V-night. Also the Leader too. I would say that CFmoto is missing an opportunity, not only in the UK but in the other EU markets. Their 650 twins did not leverage them into larger dealers, WK does not have anything that is exclusively a WK, they are sourcing from a few factories exclusively in the UK though. I think they made a good choice on the XY400 dual sport. They may want see if they can get a custom version of the 400 standard.

5. #15 Re: WK Bikes 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    They will likely pick up any new CFMoto offerings as the come into production, if the NK150 was an NK125 and had a DOHC it sell well, as would a version of the V-night. Also the Leader too. I would say that CFmoto is missing an opportunity, not only in the UK but in the other EU markets. Their 650 twins did not leverage them into larger dealers, WK does not have anything that is exclusively a WK, they are sourcing from a few factories exclusively in the UK though. I think they made a good choice on the XY400 dual sport. They may want see if they can get a custom version of the 400 standard.

Perhaps CF Moto upgrades on their current offerings will make WK more competitive. Their 650 have ABS now and that is a big upgrade.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

6. #16 Re: WK Bikes 
    Not sure about that, since it’s the EU commission or whatever agency that is mandating ABS, it’s kind of a level upgrade across all the competition through regulations, not as if it’s driven by a consumer demand. I am not at all certain that people that demand ABS are driving any sales. There is a demand and that demand is being measured in some markets, in North America it’s an option on some motorcycles. I would say just as some require ABS also some do not, some may have uncertainty about ABS, in autos it is standard, however when it gets activated in some configurations you can feel it, what is it like on a motorcycle, can you hear and feel it, does it come on too soon or worse too late.
    If they have a real good system and people perceive it as safer and also more reliable it could help sales, but they still have not been around long enough to be validated, it takes a while to earn a reputation.
    The systems for ABS are they common across makes, lots of things come into play.

7. #17 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi folks. Been reading this thread with interest.
    Just about to purchase not yet advertised 2016 version of 650TR from WK bikes. Had a test ride..very interesting. Asked a whole bunch of questions...waiting for a few more replies.
    Should be able to give a real world owners assessment of machine in the not too distant future

8. #18 Re: WK Bikes 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theroamingscot View Post
    Hi folks. Been reading this thread with interest.
    Just about to purchase not yet advertised 2016 version of 650TR from WK bikes. Had a test ride..very interesting. Asked a whole bunch of questions...waiting for a few more replies.
    Should be able to give a real world owners assessment of machine in the not too distant future
    Look under 'street' category or type 'CF650' in the MCM search engine... then read to your hearts content. Lots of CF650TR reviews etc.

If it was me, I would hold off purchasing the '16 TR slash TK. The TR/TK ABS version has been available now for several months here with the NK version even longer. I'd think that the TR/TK ABS version will be available sometime next year (2016) in the UK. WK bikes might state otherwise, but they're trying to sell you a bike in stock now. The addition of ABS is a significant enough of an addition - that not to have it, would be an oversight IMO. ABS cannot be added as an upgrade after the fact. Thus if you buy a TR/TK and like it you may very well regret the purchase now, when the ABS TR/TK becomes available by this time next year - you might very well want to 'kick' yourself. Besides IMO there are better value propositions in the market place... more likely to move when it comes to resale time, and take less of a financial (depreciation) hit compared with a Ch!nese brand IMO.

I'd be looking at the likes of a new... CB500X, NC750X or D, KLE650, DL650, all with ABS and able to fit a centre stand, add side cases/top box and away you go. Even if the aforementioned models cost more of a premium over and above the TR/TK. If you are able to stretch the finances for a Jap model then my advice is, do it.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #19 Re: WK Bikes 
    C-Moto Noob
    I would imagine as I enquired about the 2016 model and it's available now in Aug 2015 then yes the logic dictates that in August 2016 the ABS 2017 model would be available.
    Don't agree re oversight with ABS. Early ABS was intrusive. Now with more luxury models ABS is a great addition.
    I have my doubts on a budget tourer how good the ABS would be real world riding. Nice to have though.
    I've already spent hours trawling the internet for reviews and found several. More positive than negative.
    Reliability wise, the Great Ride of China. Two up 30,000km, 146 days over rough terrain and hardly any mechanical issues.
    It's tempting and I still haven't as yet put a deposit down.

10. #20 Re: WK Bikes 
    Seriously Chinese made motorcycles are not at parity with the rest of the industry, they are at least three if not four year away from that and that’s being optimistic.
    For ABS to be vetted it should be offered for at least two model years. If safety is the matter then letting others test the first of the ABS models would be safest.
    In most markets there are recall regulations, if any vehicle has problems they subsequently get recalled. That can take a few years in some instances as any pattern of failure has to form, the numbers of failures are statistics and have to be counted and action taken when needed.
    An industry member not at parity is subpar, in that they are short on allot and testing before release is part of that.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast