Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Asiawing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Asiawing 
    I would say that the 500cc single should be able to compete against the Shineray 400cc singles.
    The problem is that AsiaWing offered up the Spark with no refinement, it was offered up poorly made. They still are doing that and really need to stop as it hurts them and their reputation. They need to solidify their partnership and seek investors and invest in improving quality.
    They have or at least seemed to have refined the process to the market, we are seeing the 450cc coming to the market through more reputable distributors and more refined.

Kennon it seems that WK dropped the 450 from its line?

Here is the stinker, the 450 likely is a ticking time bomb to distributors, it’s a blatant copy of a Honda design. I really doubt that AsiaWing has bought the rights to the design of a CRF450 from Honda and Honda could when they choose to address that in markets where they are being sold and with who is selling them. For a minute WK was offering up a CBR copy from Jiajue, they dropped that model also.
    Take note that Honda as well as other Japanese manufactures typically do not settles publically or disclose to the press intellectual property disputes, they do that through direct communication and typically settle it monetarily behind closed doors. They will in that not bother to address violations unless they see capital amounts worth recovering. They also rarely address disputes in China as they see the legal system there as biased. Honda or Cagiva may or may not have legal recourse within these products being manufactured by Asia wing. That depends on where they are being offered and the laws within the nations they are being offered within. There is also the possibility that Asia wing negotiated rights but unless that is documented it’s all very high risk. In some nations the damages can be retroactive as the courts can rule that a distributor has to give all proceeds from sales back. I do not believe these smaller distributors retain any legitimate legal counsel, they cannot afford it?

2. #12 Re: Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I like the rally bike, makes me think about the 500cc and wonder if it is the same as in the T4?
    You would love those "Cagivas" - not once, I've heard that they are sturdy and... manly bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I have some affection for military style bikes.
    They, T4's and later W16's, or even some of their 125 cc two-strokers, were military bikes. "Esercito Italiano" used them, Frenchies too, and even Yugoslav People's Army realised in late '80's that those enduros are much better for army use than "Guzzi" V35's.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #13 Re: Asiawing 
    can you find these for sale?

4. #14 Re: Asiawing 
    Knock yourself out - "Nuovo Falcone" and V35II: http://www.autoremontkv.com/autoremo...d=50:motocikli

But those JNA's V35s look different than one from the pic you posted.

Here's my acquaintance, Lale, on his V35, military training center Beranovac, near city of Kraljevo, 1983.

Lale_Guzzi_Beranovac_1983.jpg
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #15 Re: Asiawing 
    I think that the CCW Misfit 500 has potential, if they offer it up with some colors and trims like the Moto Guzzi has for the V7.

Asiawing has that 500cc engines output grossly overrated on their website...

6. #16 Re: Asiawing 
    Interesting bike Asiawing LX125E the motor I believe is Jianshe made a Yamaha based engine similiar sylinder and head design as the Minarelli 125 LC's but the block and starter position is completely different. Perhaps the start of better liquid cooled 125's from China being as there are loads of 125's using the YBR 125 engine from Jianshe
    Chinese Asiawing LX125E.jpg
    2009-2011 Yamaha Jog RR
    2011-2013 Rieju Marathon Pro SM
    2013- Honda VFR 400R NC30

7. #17 Re: Asiawing 
    There is also a 4-valve 150cc version. The 150-version offered in Asia is a 5-speed. Makes me wonder how the 6-speed version is geared is it set up for off road? The 125 is a good offering for them, I wonder who will be selling them and for what price? I would think the 17hp 150 could be marketed in Mexico as well as South and Central America.

8. #18 Re: Asiawing 
    I'd be interested how it compares to the Italian made Minarelli engine from memory it was very smooth but the gear box was a little clunky.
    Chinese Asiawing LX125E Canton Fair.jpg
    2009-2011 Yamaha Jog RR
    2011-2013 Rieju Marathon Pro SM
    2013- Honda VFR 400R NC30

9. #19 Re: Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    I'd be interested how it compares to the Italian made Minarelli engine from memory it was very smooth but the gear box was a little clunky.
    Chinese Asiawing LX125E Canton Fair.jpg
    I had an Asiawing bike (it was LD450 if I remember it correctly), which I might have mentioned in this thread. I had a thread about it as well somewhere on this site.
    If you compare it to Minarelli, I'd call it a huge disappointment, Asiawing, I mean. In my experience it was lowest possible quality materials all over, and the (water-cooled!!!) engine was overheating all the time.
    All good things happen after 3,000 rpm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12