Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Performance CDI for Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink XF200, STX, etc) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ianl1201 View Post
    Hello chaps,

Not posted for a while but been reading this thread with interest - Any update from you guys that have invested in the CDI upgrade for the 200GY?

I've just changed to an iridium plug, new air and oil filter and changed to semi-synthetic oil so just wondering if anyone has had any reliability issues with the revvier engine characteristics as the new CDI is on my shopping list!

cheers

Ian
    I don't have too many miles since I installed the CDI on my XP200 but reliability seems to be the same. The revs do tend to be smoother with the new CDI and the bike top speed seemed to increase a little. Seems smoother overall and a bit perkier. Not sure if the new CDI ort a new exhaust would be the best way to gain performance but for $65 I can't complain. I'll try it on my XF200 next which has the FMF exhaust.

2. #32 Re: Performance CDI for Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink XF200, STX, etc) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Nimbus,

Thanks for that. I'll definitely be buying one of these little beauties then based on your comments and Forchetto's excellent write up. I was asking about reliability as I'm now a little concerned after reading Ed209's post and his use of semi-synthetic oil here - http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988

I've got the P&P pipe already fitted and am trying to get any extra power from I can but don't want to risk trashing my engine.

3. #33 Re: Performance CDI for Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink XF200, STX, etc) 
    I'm not sure that the synthetic engine oil caused his problems. I think the 300kms of riding a brand new engine at full throttle would have had more to do with it.

Any oil will work well as long as it's changed regularly. If you find yourself really running up the gears a lot, it may be good to make a sprocket/gearing change. Any engine will blow up if pushed too hard.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #34 Re: Performance CDI for Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink XF200, STX, etc) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yeah I hope reliability won't be an issue if my brain is engaged. You don't use synth until the engine is well worn in if at all and yeah the high revs probably would cause issues. I vary my speeds and ride local roads. These are definitely not speed demons. I feel nervous riding on highways and avoid them. I'll be curious to see how the XF200 with the new sprockets (though I don't know which ones it was switched to yet because I have yet to pick the bike up) and exhaust runs compared to my almost stock XP200. My experience with the XP200 has been nothing but positive. For the price (especially the $1400 I paid for the XF200!) these bikes can't be beat.

5. #35 Re: Performance CDI for Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink XF200, STX, etc) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Cheers Carl, Nimbus...you've put my mind at rest a bit there. My changing to semi-synth has been done after 3000 trouble free kms so hopefully my motor should be nicely bedded in. One observation was that the oil I removed was much blacker than I would've expected at such low miles...running a bit rich perhaps?

Other than that I've done all the 'standard' mods most of the members on here do to the QM200 - P&P can, couple of teeth smaller rear sprocket, pillion pegs removed, iridium plug etc. The new CDI will be the cherry on the cake I think then I need to save up for some stickier tyres in time for spring!

Thanks chaps

Ian

6. #36 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Noob
    QM200GY the orignial cdi is made in KOKUSAN,lANGFANG, CHina, they supply all kinds of electrical parts for chinese bikes, but they didn't sell to the market directly.

7. #37 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed84 View Post
    QM200GY the orignial cdi is made in KOKUSAN,lANGFANG, CHina, they supply all kinds of electrical parts for chinese bikes, but they didn't sell to the market directly.
    Sometimes companies will have guys who sell things out of "back-doors" and make the product available through other channels. I wonder if the mighty Ali Baba will tell all.

Were you also looking to replace your CDI ?

CC

8. #38 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Typical - I'm all ready to order my CDI, go to the Xian website and it says they've ceased trading!

That's a real shame as they seemed like a good little company and now I'm struggling to find another supplier for performance parts...I did see Forchetto's post about Xian Racing relaunching as Xian Ltd/Kamikaze Pro Ltd - anyone heard anymore about this or have any suggestions who might be stocking upgrade parts in the UK?

cheers

Ian (fed up with winter and wanting to get out and ride in above zero temperatures with no salt on the roads!!)

9. #39 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    Well looks like no clear answers! I did however find the web page for the Denko folks. Unfortunately since I don't have a CDI in front of me I can't tell which one it is.

Take a look and see if you can match up the model unit. It may not solve your problem but might give someone and idea of where to start.
    http://www.kokusandenki.co.jp/english/index.htm

Likewise, has anyone confirmed if a DR200 CDI box will work?

CC

10. #40 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Noob
    first QM200 ( brazil sundown )is just a suzuki GS125 or GN125 chinese copy of it ( bored and stroked) uses Digital EPROM DC CDI , ... it has the best curve possible with about 25 to 30 advance from idle ...i think more advance not possible on even 97 octane gasoline , so to me it can not get better than that ( on gasoline .. )

if you think you need more advance , just advance it 1mm on ROTOR or STATOR but it may need more expensive fuel = waste of $ ,to me special cdi not required for this model

other option , you can use GN250 CDI ( same amount of advance but earlier advance ) maybe better suitable for 200cc then 125cc

i run 89 fuel only in china
    if i want speed , go to lighter wheel and tyre and cams ,useing expensive fuel is not efficent to me ...

as far as BRAZIL thier petrol is %25 alchole plus they have %100 alchole so they need another curve , more advance , but they burn more fuel , again its waste and not efficent to me.

all other chinese engines use AC units ( CG or CB ) , they advance 20 degree from idle , most horizental engines has no curve at all .. thats why they benefit from one ..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast