Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    IPX,

Thanks for the information! Have you tested the Suzuki 125 and 250 cdi's on the Qingqi/Sundown/Qlink bikes?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #42 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Noob
    they use suzuki 125 cdi , so its same , tried it , run same , with GN250 i couldnt tell much of difference , got all the curves mapped out with timing light ;

GN250 , advance start at 2000 rpm go to max advance at about 3200 , total raised 25 degree from idle to 3200

GN125 = Qingqi ,is exavtly same as above but it go to full advance few hundred rpm later about 3600 rpm

as far as i know no chinese bikes have rev limit but cdi seller lie to you to sell things .. or they dont know better

here is how you test it to know if your engine/fuel combination likes more advance

just slot the holes on pick up coil bracket with dremel and advance timing 1mm to oposite direction of rotor , see if you like the results .. if you do go another 1mm , till it start knocking , no need to pay for expensive cdi

to find power you need a new camshaft or reprofile stock cam , you can get them from HOTCAM or WEBCAMSHAFT etc , etc , cost about $100

camshaft seems to be same as dr125 , i think not same as dr200

3. #43 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ianl1201 View Post
    Typical - I'm all ready to order my CDI, go to the Xian website and it says they've ceased trading!

That's a real shame as they seemed like a good little company and now I'm struggling to find another supplier for performance parts...I did see Forchetto's post about Xian Racing relaunching as Xian Ltd/Kamikaze Pro Ltd - anyone heard anymore about this or have any suggestions who might be stocking upgrade parts in the UK?

cheers

Ian (fed up with winter and wanting to get out and ride in above zero temperatures with no salt on the roads!!)
    Not sure! it is a pity that he cease his trade in U.k
    Gareth is a good guy, mighty you can search things from Alibaba.com
    good luck!

4. #44 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Is this any use to anyone........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kamikaze-Pro-R...item2eaab4dcd9

Karl

5. #45 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    The description of their company on the bottom of the page is quite informative...

We have been trading since 2003, we are both a Limited company and VAT registered, hence fully registered with HM Customs and companies house. Company No. 05363335 Motobikespares has worked with Chinese machines since early 2003 and have traded machines and parts since 2004. We have a huge catalogue of parts,spares, upgrades and performance bits for a selection of machines. We source from several suppliers from here in the UK and directly from manufacturers abroad. We work hard to dispatch orders on time, and offer reliable delivery and tracking, so you are always sure of the status of your order. Prices are monitored constantly so that competitive prices are offered at motobikespares, We also offer a before purchase price match policy to insure this, in most cases even if the price match is not in the UK. We generally operarate as a parts warehousem our main focus is to source, stock and sell parts hence the technical support we can offer is limited.
    May not be bad for someone to give them a call and see what they gotz.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #46 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by k44rll View Post
    Is this any use to anyone........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kamikaze-Pro-R...item2eaab4dcd9

Karl
    I purchased my CDI from these guy's on ebay for my Superbyke RMR200......couldn't fault the service or the product! Mind you, I have not been able to ride my bike since I bought it.........I fell down the stairs moving a wardrobe & fractured my shoulder.....DOH!

7. #47 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Regular
    Any updates from any of you guys who bought and are running this thing?

8. #48 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Done approx 7k kms with mine fitted......65km round trip to work every day includinmg motorway travel. Totally reliable and a definate advantage over the standard CDI.
    Pity I can't say the same fore the Procircuit T4 exhaust which the end can has fallen apart on twice now!!! The pulsing from the exhaust hammers the end plate causing the rivet holes to elongate and deposit the silencers guts all over the road!

9. #49 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyp View Post
    Done approx 7k kms with mine fitted......65km round trip to work every day includinmg motorway travel. Totally reliable and a definate advantage over the standard CDI.
    Pity I can't say the same fore the Procircuit T4 exhaust which the end can has fallen apart on twice now!!! The pulsing from the exhaust hammers the end plate causing the rivet holes to elongate and deposit the silencers guts all over the road!
    I would say it would worthwhile if you have aftermarket exhaust and rejetting but for a stock setup I wouldn't bother. I have both and tested the CDI on both.

10. #50 Re: Programmable CDI Qingqi QM200 (Qlink, STX, Sinnis, etc) 
    C-Moto Regular
    Is it a must to run higher octane with this CDI? Would it hurt if you sometimes ran 87? Also is this CDI going to decrease the life of the motor by much? I know you can't say for certain but I am kinda new to all this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast