Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 I PLAYED SAFE AND HERE'S WHERE I AM SOO FAR 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello everyone, will first begin with thanking the MCM admin, bikerdoc, ZMC888, the pope, serpentza and everyone else. Bikerdoc and ZMC888 I heeded your advice and got my C1E through an annoyingly long process and dropped my plans for the quad and got an RTF cqr250. Had it for about 3 weeks and it's cool except for the very stiff suspension and forks which have no clickers so I have no idea how to adjust them (they're inverted btw). Anyone know how to? Also applied loctite to all bolts and nuts as the pope adviced. The vibration is insane lol but Besides that it's great for the mountain and back roads. Now looking for advice on mods and farkles to improve overall appearance and performance. Here are few pics. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435899328.701415.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435899342.518036.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435899357.618281.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435899392.567829.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435899419.083669.jpg

2. #2 Re: I PLAYED SAFE AND HERE'S WHERE I AM SOO FAR 
    Well done on you successfully obtaining your C1E and 2 wheels are better then 4 ???

Now my 1st advice is best to take pictures of your bike in the daytime ??? or use a flash ......

You can't expect too much from your Chinese made bike. ("mods and farkles to improve overall appearance and performance") just search on Taobao to see what is available for your bike and take it from there that the best advice i can give.

Good luck and good riding but remember TIC
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: I PLAYED SAFE AND HERE'S WHERE I AM SOO FAR 
    Meaddict, many of those bad vibrations are caused by loose bolts, have you torqued all of them up to spec with Loctite 242 or 243? Sometimes it is non-critical bolts that cause the worst problems, sometimes it can be critical engine or fork bolts causing headaches.

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Well done on you successfully obtaining your C1E and 2 wheels are better then 4 ???

Now my 1st advice is best to take pictures of your bike in the daytime ??? or use a flash ......

You can't expect too much from your Chinese made bike. ("mods and farkles to improve overall appearance and performance") just search on Taobao to see what is available for your bike and take it from there that the best advice i can give.

Good luck and good riding but remember TIC
    Thanks and will do.

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Meaddict, many of those bad vibrations are caused by loose bolts, have you torqued all of them up to spec with Loctite 242 or 243? Sometimes it is non-critical bolts that cause the worst problems, sometimes it can be critical engine or fork bolts causing headaches.
    With no torque wrench available I tightened all bolts as tight as possible with 243 loctite .

6. #6 Re: I PLAYED SAFE AND HERE'S WHERE I AM SOO FAR 
    Just seeing this post as I haven't checked in on MCM in ages. Haha, the old CQR and vibration, loose nuts and bolts, etc. Those engine mount nuts & bolts on my old CQR used to come loose constantly, even totally buttered up with Loctite every time (maybe the Loctite I bought off Taobao was fake?). It's just the way it is. My advice for anyone with this bike: stop riding it right now, try to get whatever money you can for it, and buy a different bike lol! Don't suffer any longer. I know you wanna ride right now, but, lord God almighty did I waste a lot of time and money fiddling with that hunk of very shoddily put-together, low-quality rust... My Chinese scooter is more durable than my CQR was. Everything from clutch cables to chains and sprockets, to throttle cable had to be replaced like clockwork about every 3-4000km. Save up, waste no more time, money or energy on it, and get pretty much ANY different motorcycle you can afford lol.. What's the story on it now? I'm always amused to hear about these things and amazed they're still so common, as I saw a Chinese guy on one last night as I was on a very late night cruise between two small cities on the outskirts of Guangzhou back to my home, and it always sends me into nostalgia mode (how one can have nostalgia over something that's just happened a few years ago is... unique to China I guess, as sometimes five years here feels like fifty! )