Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New to the site! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! TMEC 200 PLEASE HELP =p 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello everyone,

My name is Zack! Just purchased a 2013 TMEC 200. Although 2013 it was brand new and fully assembled just this past week. So I have lots of questions and was hoping I could get some answers about it! Lots of headaches so far with this bike. It didn't come with an owners manuel so I emailed the company I purchased it from and will hopefully be receiving that soon in the mail. But is there any place on here or somewhere online where I can find an owners mauel for a TMEC 200??

Second- The bike stalls out about half the time when I come to a stop..(Perfect example, ill be riding say third gear and then a stop sign is approaching me and i'll pull in the front and back brake once ive slowed down reasonably I then proceed to pull in the clutch and down shift to first at the stop sign, and then it will just stall out/die on me. So here is what could be this issue and im just throwing these guesses out...maybe getting way to much air in the carb and not enough gas? could it be that it was sitting in a factory since 2013 so it needs a carb clean out or maybe new oil? it had the oil already in it...so maybe put new fresh oil? The idle is a headache trying to figure out where to put it...I have it set at what sounds good..but the only way it dosent stall out or die on me is when I turn the idle up a lot...but then it just sounds way to high and constantly reving when I am fully stopped and I know that shouldn't be like that. or my last guess...could it just need a clutch adjustment? so idk just throwing these out here, I currently can not ride this because I don't wanna cause any other damage. If anyone owns a TMEC 200 please help me out..maybe you have had this problem before? And where I can get the manuel from! Thank you and stay safe riding!

-Zacktmec.jpgtmec2.jpgtmec.jpgtmec2.jpg

2. #2 Re: New to the site! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! TMEC 200 PLEASE HELP =p 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ13 View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Zack! Just purchased a 2013 TMEC 200. Although 2013 it was brand new and fully assembled just this past week. So I have lots of questions and was hoping I could get some answers about it! Lots of headaches so far with this bike. It didn't come with an owners manuel so I emailed the company I purchased it from and will hopefully be receiving that soon in the mail. But is there any place on here or somewhere online where I can find an owners mauel for a TMEC 200??

Second- The bike stalls out about half the time when I come to a stop..(Perfect example, ill be riding say third gear and then a stop sign is approaching me and i'll pull in the front and back brake once ive slowed down reasonably I then proceed to pull in the clutch and down shift to first at the stop sign, and then it will just stall out/die on me. So here is what could be this issue and im just throwing these guesses out...maybe getting way to much air in the carb and not enough gas? could it be that it was sitting in a factory since 2013 so it needs a carb clean out or maybe new oil? it had the oil already in it...so maybe put new fresh oil? The idle is a headache trying to figure out where to put it...I have it set at what sounds good..but the only way it dosent stall out or die on me is when I turn the idle up a lot...but then it just sounds way to high and constantly reving when I am fully stopped and I know that shouldn't be like that. or my last guess...could it just need a clutch adjustment? so idk just throwing these out here, I currently can not ride this because I don't wanna cause any other damage. If anyone owns a TMEC 200 please help me out..maybe you have had this problem before? And where I can get the manuel from! Thank you and stay safe riding!

-Zacktmec.jpgtmec2.jpgtmec.jpgtmec2.jpg

Take the carb off and give it a thorough cleaning. Clean air filter. Check clutch lever has 5mm of play.
    Remove some of the guesses off your list and learn more about the bike in the process

Should change the oil soon as purchased, if you haven't, change it now with some decent mineral oil.

3. #3 Re: New to the site! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! TMEC 200 PLEASE HELP =p 
    Hi Zack

Lately to many post on MCM about "How can I Fix" "Help" it does sound like a carb issue but also check the fuel air mixture and make sure you are not sucking in air other from the air box?.

Also take your seat off and check if you had ones of these under it ???

i
    If not go and order one on eBay you are going to need one
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: New to the site! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! TMEC 200 PLEASE HELP =p 
    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    Take the carb off and give it a thorough cleaning. Clean air filter. Check clutch lever has 5mm of play.
    Remove some of the guesses off your list and learn more about the bike in the process

Should change the oil soon as purchased, if you haven't, change it now with some decent mineral oil.
    Good advice +1

Also if the bike has vibrations after you fix the carb problem check all bolts and torque them to spec with Loctite 242 or 243 and check your tire pressures.

5. #5 Re: New to the site! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! TMEC 200 PLEASE HELP =p 
    Im new here. Just got a 2012 DF250RTC that needed a new start button. Person I got it from replaced it with a factory part. However, the original plug uses 8 wires in a 9 pin plug and the new one uses 9 wires in a 9 pin plug plus 1 extra wire for the brights. Naturally not all the wires are where they belong in the new plug. Ive figured some out, but I desperately need a wiring diagram. Can anyone help?

6. #6 Re: New to the site! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! TMEC 200 PLEASE HELP =p 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Some other information might be found on ChinaRiders

FWIW some of the moderators/participants on the ChineRiders forum think the bikes coming out of PRC are anything but P*S. Consequently it appears that the ChinaRiders forum is significantly censored and any posts not conforming to some sloped world view of China bikes as being 'all that', or views approaching 'total denial' - don't pass muster and do not 'collect $200 past Go'.

YMMV!

Irrespective, many of the forum members/participants are based in the 'ol US of A.

Any questions concerning problematic issues with PRC made bikes - one might find an answer there, especially if one is located in the USA.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #7 Re: New to the site! LOTS OF QUESTIONS! TMEC 200 PLEASE HELP =p 
    Thankyou. I will continue to search for my elusive wiring diagram. If anyone has any documents/manuals for this please contact me.