Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    first thing i did when moving to Beijing was to take care for driving license ...

questions where somehow funny but not a big deal

rather than driving without insurance or even fake-plates i think is more critical to ride without the license!

if you have a accident you have to pay anyway coz you´re the foreigner with more money than most locals - sofor me also ridin' without insurance might not be so critical ...

also i heard that fro Beijing they already have a police-squad only for foreigners pulling motorcycles in the city without Jing-plate - heard the bike from a brazilian guy was confiscated coz' he was driving around sanlitun-lu with fake-plates ...

on my sidecar i have Hebei-plates but never drive into innercity ...

on my solo i have yellow Jing-a-plates but never ever been stopped!

2. #12 Re: going to Jail because there was no Chinese Driving License? 
    C-Moto Regular
    I was pulled over by motorcycle cop in front of IKEA this past weekend. Didn't yet have my license, so I was practically shitting bricks when he told me to stop my bike. Fortunately (VERY FORTUNATE) I had my little blue vehicle license book with me, and when he asked for my license I simply handed that over to him instead. He thumbed through it for about 10 seconds, handed it back to me, and told me to have a nice day. My bike has been parked since, with no plans to take it outside my gated parking lot until I get that license.
    Beijing: 2008 125cc Qingqi

3. #13 Re: going to Jail because there was no Chinese Driving License? 
    Very lucky you had a nice cop there! That could have easily gone wrong very fast if he was having a shitty day...

4. #14 Re: going to Jail because there was no Chinese Driving License? 
    impressive stories here ...

up to now the traffic police stopped me on my 150ccm QingQi a few times, no driver license, no plate, no insurance ...
    and always let me go with a friendly smile - in western countries no chance! That's another view of China ...

however, next days i will do the exam for my license but up now no idea, how to get a legal plate for my bike!

5. #15 Re: going to Jail because there was no Chinese Driving License? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks! I think that you should know more opinions and then decide what you need to do. Best of everything!

6. #16 Re: going to Jail because there was no Chinese Driving License? 
    Banned
    You need a bike thats legal for your city, invoice from dealer or factory to YOUR name best in Chinese name as in your Chinbese name. Buy the Tax bluepaper and insurtance then ride to DMV and get the bike inspected n follow their lead.
    thats the general rule.

Quote Originally Posted by LC8 View Post
    impressive stories here ...

up to now the traffic police stopped me on my 150ccm QingQi a few times, no driver license, no plate, no insurance ...
    and always let me go with a friendly smile - in western countries no chance! That's another view of China ...

however, next days i will do the exam for my license but up now no idea, how to get a legal plate for my bike!

7. #17 Re: going to Jail because there was no Chinese Driving License? 
    Banned
    You do need a legal licensw for when SHIT HITS FAN, don't randomly believe the common BS from White trash in China as plenty have bad stories but not around to tell the tail.
    It can be fairly easy enough or very complex depending the route you need or are able to take.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12