Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Greetings from Illinois USA 
    C-Moto Noob
    So glad I found this forum. I am an older rider, just retired and want to get back into it. I am in need of assistance. I picked up this Chinese motorcycle, that some body butchered up the wiring, trying to put on a new ignition switch on. I need a wiring diagram BADLY for a 2006 PIONEER Motors RIVAL XF 250-A. I have looked everywhere for one. It is very similar to the Honda Rebel, but has a few different things. The battery and battery box tray is bigger. Wiring is bigger gauge, and harness is different. Most of the color codes are 90% identical, but again some small differences. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated. Bike only has 780 miles on it.Rebel Left Side.jpg
    Rebel RIVAL.jpgRebel Pioneer Side Cover.jpgRebel Tank.jpgRival Battery Sizes.jpg

2. #2 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA 
    Welcome to the forum. I'm aware of your engine, as I had it in an older bikes, but I don't really know much about the electrical system. I hope someone more knowledgeable can help you out.

3. #3 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA 
    C-Moto Noob
    Me too. I bought a new switch. Actually a guy sent me 2 switches for the price off 1. A used Honda Rebel switch. And a new switch. Neither have the plug wired the same way or or color coded the same.

4. #4 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA 
    C-Moto Noob
    If I just had a wiring diagram / schematic of this bike I could figure it out. I can get the bike running, with the 2 wires I put together. But the key doesn't turn it off. Rival Ignition and Switch colors mess.jpg Rival Ignition harness side plug.jpg Rival switch back side.jpg Rival Switch side wires.jpg It runs with these 2 wires hooked up. Just need to know where the others go. There is a Black with white stripe coming OUT of main harness plug, that is HOT when the motorcycle is running. I am thinking that might be the one to use somehow to kill the coils when you turn the key to off. In other words it should go to the ground postion in the switch when key is turned off.
    Last edited by mikrobkirk; 07-12-2015 at 01:36 AM. Reason: added text

5. #5 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA 

6. #6 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA 
    Hello, from Raleigh, NC. I am also an older rider, just retired, ew owner of a 2012 CCW Misfit. Can't offer any help with the electrical, but that's not to say I haven't been there and feel sorry for you...good luck with that, and welcome...from another chinese noob....
    all I remember is dirt....sky....dirt....ambulance..

7. #7 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thank YOU MJH - I have looked at that one. This chinese is pretty butchered up in the ignition department. I starts out with a bigger battery 9AH, and someone has cut out the fuses etc. But I think if I can just trace the wires and hook things up like the Rebel it should work. Thanks Man - appreciate it.Rival Battery Sizes.jpgRival Battery Box Area wire routing.jpg

8. #8 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA - A RIVAL to the REBEL 
    C-Moto Noob

9. #9 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA - A RIVAL to the REBEL 
    Its Asian cmx250 the differences are it accommodates a gear position indicator and tachometer. You can see the head cover does not exist on the Rebel, it has no tach and no gear position indicator. Human being posted the details naming conventions Honda uses on their differences on another thread, also Pioneer is a subordinate to Qingqi so that’s another option to search under for wiring diagrams, if you can find their model name/ number. Commonly called an Asian Honda Rebel version.

10. #10 Re: Greetings from Illinois USA - A RIVAL to the REBEL 
    C-Moto Noob
    MJH - The schematic you sent shows the Black with white stripe wire going to ground in the switch. So I am thinking that if I connect it to the 2 blacks on the switch. And put the green from switch to the other greens that go to ground, - then when I turn the key to off it should kill the power to CDI box.Rival switch plug male.jpgRival Switch guts.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast