Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Engine cuts out past 35 mph 
    C-Moto Regular
    I've tried 2 different carburetors both cut out when the engine gets past 30-35 mph. Tried both with cone air filter and "c" clip in bottom position #5. The carburetors are DEKNI PZ30. They seem to work, it starts very good, it idles good, reving the engine from idle is no problem works well. Even to high rpms though I ain't done that but it will. Soon as you get on the highway reach 30-35 I tries to cutout, misses and runs poorly. Could this be the cdi or coil, I'm finding it hard to believe two carburetors having the same exact problems, both from different sellers. Please help

2. #2 Re: Engine cuts out past 35 mph 
    Quote Originally Posted by stacyc72110 View Post
    I've tried 2 different carburetors both cut out when the engine gets past 30-35 mph. Tried both with cone air filter and "c" clip in bottom position #5. The carburetors are DEKNI PZ30. They seem to work, it starts very good, it idles good, reving the engine from idle is no problem works well. Even to high rpms though I ain't done that but it will. Soon as you get on the highway reach 30-35 I tries to cutout, misses and runs poorly. Could this be the cdi or coil, I'm finding it hard to believe two carburetors having the same exact problems, both from different sellers. Please help

sounds like a faulty CDI IMO
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Engine cuts out past 35 mph 
    What he said or possibly fuel tank vent blocked

4. #4 Re: Engine cuts out past 35 mph 
    C-Moto Regular
    I got my new cdi, I installed it but didn't fix it. I've turned my attention to the high performance coil and stator. The coil I was warned about being too much for stator. So going back to original coil and changing out stator. Got an extra stator in spare motor, they are exact and switching out the covers so I don't have to do no wire work. Waiting on sealer.