Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
    (Yikes! They upped the price to $190 US).
    The fee is reciprocal........based on the price the US charges Chinese citizens for a US visa.

2. #12 Visa and Tix in hand 
    All right. Have my visa and tickets in hand. I was surprised that they issued me a 1 year, multiple entry visa this time. Never got more than a 30 or 60 day single entry in the past. Frequent visitor perk maybe?

Will be arriving in Shanghai on May 24th. at 20:15. My wife, Yuan, is leaving tomorrow morning for Guangzhou and will be meeting me at Pudong that day. Guess I'll be a little blasted from the traveling, so the first night will be two beers, a little grub and straight to bed probably.

Looking forward to seeing Winston's shop while in Shanghai, and any other riders who might be around. Winston, I've got your number and address. I'll give you a call on the 25th.

I'm still hoping that everything will fall in to place for riding up Beijing way. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Dan K.

All right. Have my visa and tickets in hand. I was surprised that they issued me a 1 year, multiple entry visa this time. Never got more than a 30 or 60 day single entry in the past. Frequent visitor perk maybe? ...
    If your wife is a Chinese national, holding a residence permit abroad, it should be normal that you get a one year mult.

... I'm still hoping that everything will fall in to place for riding up Beijing way. Keeping my fingers crossed ...
    Bike will be ready, waiting for you - are you good with a beemer ?
    I hope camping is fine for you.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    Bike will be ready, waiting for you - are you good with a beemer ?
    I hope camping is fine for you.
    Andy,

Thanks for everything you've done to help me make this trip become reality. I really owe you. Yes, camping is fine. I love to just load up the bike and ride till a good camping spot presents itself. Camping in China will be a first for me on this trip. From all the ride reports I've read from you and others, it will add even more interest to things.

Yes, Beemers are always good. Fell in love with them during my two stints living in Germany in the early 1980's and early 1990's. (Although I couldn't afford to own one then) Still have my '87 K75, and I picked up a 2007 F650GS last week. I'm loving the new GS and I'm hoping to run out to Moab, Utah to give it a good trail break-in and a three day camping trip in the next few weeks before I head your way.

Cheers,

Dan K.

<COUGH> TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!! < COUGH COUGH>

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Greetings All,

This is my last pre-trip post. I'm furiously packing this evening and will be jumping on the plane Shanghai bound tomorrow morning.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me get my trip sorted out. There's a great group of riders on this forum. I look forward to meeting folks in Shanghai and Beijing.

Cheers,

Dan K.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

8. #18 Oops. . . 
    Doh!

I guess getting up at 4am after not getting to sleep until after midnight has an effect upon one's brain. I left the house this morning (I'm sitting at LAX right now waiting for my Tokyo flight) without writing down a couple of phone numbers.

Andy (ChinaBiker) and Winston (ShanghaiFingers), please email me your phone number's so I can call when I'm in your area.

Dan @ ColoradoPeaks . net

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan,

Call me at 13795237411.... See you soon. I will be away Monday, but in my shop Tuesday-sunday....

Winston

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12