Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: New From Texas

1. #1 New From Texas 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have been poking around here for a couple weeks. My name is Ken. I was looking on the net to find motorized bicycles and run across a motorcycle called Tha Heist by CCW. So I landed here as the thread was informative to say the least. I have not bought a bike as of yet but am looking at the aforementioned as it looks cool, priced well and there is a dealer in my city. Does any one else know anything about this bike? Has anyone had one. I have owned a lot of bikes. Mostly Harley's. But I am now to broken up for larger bikes and am looking for something to modify and putter around on. Thanks for having me here. Have a great day everyone.

2. #2 Re: New From Texas 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    G'Day welcome to MCM.

Can't offer any specific advice on the make/model you're enquiring about. Wonder though if given that you write "to broken up for larger bikes" - have you considered something like a maxi scoot? Something like a Silverwing 600, Burgman 650, BMW C600 Sport or C650GT, or a Yamaha Tmax 500, or even anything in the 400cc arena? I appreciate scoots aren't to everyone's liking and that as such 'scoots' can be scoffed at with a certain amount of disdain or prejudice, but until one has ridden one, then put all pre-judgements/pre-conceived ideas aside. IMO and experience a maxi scoot 400c+ offer so many advantages, and if one has some physical limitations then the maxi scoot offers a very viable alternative. If you're able try and get some saddle time or test ride a maxi scoot. Having stated that though, how about a more traditional two wheeler like a Honda CB500X (like a Swiss army knife of bikes IMO) or even a Honda NC750X, or NC750S, or the 'scoot' equivalent model the NC750D. All the 'NC' (NC= New Concept) are available with DCT.

If though you are set on a having a Ch!nese made bike, know that the price savings come at a cost, resale will likely take a massive hit, few dealers are likely to be interested in trading or servicing should you be in that situation at some point. Dealers come and go, and even truer that some makes and models aren't really supported by true bricks and mortar type dealers, as bikes might be dropped shipped.

The old adage "one gets what one pays for" really rings true with many (though not all) products made in Ch!na - the middle kingdo0m. My advice is don't do it. Don't mean to sound cynical, but the reality is, the Ch!nese branded & manufactured bikes are made to a low price point and those savings are more than 'skin deep'. So a question to ask yourself, worst case scenario, if you buy a bike, are you willing to put in the possible spanner/wrenching time required?

Seems that every other day here on MCM, someone signs up only to post that they managed to get or were gifted some Ch!nese branded bike, and are having this problem/issue or that, and are looking for help. By comparison, I am on numerous other motorcycle and motorcycle related forums, and the same phenomenon cannot be said of 'those' forums.

YMMV.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: New From Texas 
    It’s a hard tale Bobber,
    http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...iew-91304.html

The US distributors website.
    http://www.pitmotorsltd.com/

I do not believe you would have any trouble with one of those, but it is a hard tale and they ride rough on uneven pavement. Its a very simple bike, does not require much for maintenance. There are some how to videos online for basics, if you loose your dealer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbJPIQQDsSM
    Last edited by MJH; 07-23-2015 at 01:37 AM.