Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE MANUFACTURERS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi everyone!!! I'm just curious as to what companies manufacture the YAHAHA 225 (229.9CC) clone engines??? Thanks Matt

2. #2 Re: YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE MANUFACTURERS 

3. #3 Re: YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE MANUFACTURERS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks MJH!!!! I probably should have been more specific, it's a 229.9cc engine, the model number is JS 171FMM-7 It in a 2008 sport quad made by JIANSHE-YAMAHA...But they don't make that model anymore they just continue to make two utility models 250/400. I've been learning alot about this quad the past few months...( like it's the white elephant of Chinese quads!!!) But I love it anyway!!! I bought it for my 12 year old son to get acquainted with riding... I paid $250 bought a new YXT20L YASUA battery ($115) and a new 525 O-Ring chain ($40) and it ran great!!! Now I'm just restoring little things. I finally found the brake pads n calipers (they are the exact same as the HAMMERHEAD 300 Off Road Go Kart, and are on no other Chinese quad, that was fun, but spend enough time with Google and you'll find out anything!!!!) The quad is the YFZ450 frame and plastics and the motor is a copy of the TX 225 (but it is a 229.9cc motor) I'll post some pictures... I'm now at the stage where I want to do a few things to the motor n carb n want to be specific with what exactly I have!!! I've already guessed at a few parts on EBay that "looked" like mine!!! It has "TK" 30MM MV carburetor (made in Japan ) and I want to buy a performance jet kit for it...I've made some inquiries with a few jet companies explaining my situation to no avail!!! (I'm amazed at the knowledge some of these guys "don't " have) A friend of mine who owns a motorcycle / atv repair shop said I should be able to order a kit for a Xt225 n it'll be the same but feels the same as me about verifying it first. I've seen Mikuni 30mm MV carburetors on the XT 225s n I've seen the "TK" 30mm CV on those models too and they "look" exactly the same!! But I want to make sure, I'm waiting gor an Email reply back from kits "6sigma Jet kits" they had kits for numerous Chinese motorcycles/atvs (of course except my Jianshe!!!) I would also like to get some fresh clutch plates soon. So far I've come close to reading that Zongshen makes a Yamaha 225 clone but the CC is different n I haven't seen any pictures yet, I've just started my engine information search this morning!! Thanks for the Information!!! Sorry I rambled on so long I'll post some pictures to give you a look at what I've got (I only know how to post them one post at a time using my Android phone ) Thanks again for any help!! You've helped me out greatly getting this far about a month or so ago so thanks again MJH!!!!
    Last edited by bucklove; 08-07-2015 at 06:04 AM.

4. #4 Re: YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE MANUFACTURERS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

5. #5 Re: YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE MANUFACTURERS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

6. #6 Re: YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE MANUFACTURERS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

7. #7 Re: YAMAHA CLONE ENGINE MANUFACTURERS 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob