Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Shanghai Riders

1. #1 Shanghai Riders 
    C-Moto Regular
    Looking for a few lads or ladies to ride with in and out of Shanghai.

Just a bit of fun for like minded people to chat, probably eat dinner and a bit of fun riding.

If there is a group of people already doing this please add me in or just add my wechat

Joshuahowe123

I don't mind where you're from or what you ride it's all just for like minded people :)

josh

2. #2 Re: Shanghai Riders 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshmakesnoise View Post
    Looking for a few lads or ladies to ride with in and out of Shanghai.

Just a bit of fun for like minded people to chat, probably eat dinner and a bit of fun riding.

If there is a group of people already doing this please add me in or just add my wechat

Joshuahowe123

I don't mind where you're from or what you ride it's all just for like minded people :)

josh
    Your be lucky to find such people in SH Josh, try Bikerdoc on MCM over in Ningbo ? and by far that area is the best to ride round ?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Shanghai Riders 
    C-Moto Regular
    I will message you when I have a trip planned with my 2 other local buddies for a ride around Shanghai... we may go to Wuzhen.

4. #4 Re: Shanghai Riders 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Open invitation to fellow riders...
    Always welcome this way guys and girls. Plenty of riding to delight. I'm willing to ride to meet any rider(s) looking to head across Hangzhou bay via a bridge which avoids having to ride into Hangzhou city (which bans motorcycles). I'm located in the Ningbo Economic & Trade Development Zone (NETDZ) & Port, some 30 km to the East of Ningbo city. Mountains, rivers and lakes aplenty, day rides, weekend overnighters including a special island (Taohua Dao) only 90 mins. by ferry (costs 50kuai for a bike and rider one way), lots of fantastic riding to be had. Having ridden the local area and Zhejiang extensively, I'm more than happy to play host/guide. Complete range of hotels from Howard Johnson 5 star through to JinJiang Inn and budget 'hotels'. Realistically it takes a solid 7-8 hours riding to cover the distance between SH <-> NETDZ via the usual highways and byways, though it'd take only 3 hours if one could travel the 'Expressway' etc <sigh>.

Here's some lil teaser tasters...

20140615_112026.jpg

CF650TR_20140415_3.jpg

Burgy ride 20131107-4.jpg

20130901_133630.jpg

S7300617.jpg
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #5 Re: Shanghai Riders 
    I can confirm after a 7 day trip with the DOC being host , the area around the Doc is truly a bikers dream , and comes in my top 5 places to ride in China and I have done most of China now ?
    So if he is handing out his hand with a invite then grab it quick IMO
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: Shanghai Riders 
    C-Moto Guru
    Yeah, Shanghai riders... Would like to revive this thread. Don't know if the original poster is still in Chiba?

Shanghai riders?? Where are you?

Plus is that offer still open Bikerdoc? Pics look great.. proper mountains.

7. #7 Re: Shanghai Riders 
    C-Moto Senior

8. #8 Re: Shanghai Riders 
    Woops Butch
    Change your mind about the post.
    Here it is again

Despite the fact of ongoing increasing Shanghai bike license plate fees and associated registration restrictions for quite some time, a few old China (Shanghai) hands still around, just not participating on the forum anymore. Various Shanghai riders get together during the weekends but basically word of mouth invitational rides (short day rides and multi day overnight trips), track days, off-road, workshops. Regular meet & greet "No Bike" dinners incl. beers (no bikes preferred for obvious reasons) across the city for years, all started by a former very active China based rider.

Ride safe and enjoy your Shanghai stay! PAL

I'll just leave this here on my way out, probably pulling the plug like many others in the past years: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...roying-a-forum
    Posting threads from 4 years ago which are trying to put me in the bad light is not what MCM needs just now.
    People have moved on and this site has moved on so Pal just MOVE ON and do us all a favour.

Up to your old tricks again Butch
    Are you not banned on here TB-Racing?
    From my point of view you are not welcome so piss off back from the shit hole you came from
    NUFF SAID.
    Last edited by prince666; 06-08-2017 at 11:54 AM.