Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if the airbox of the QM200GY is the same that QM125GY ??
    I'm asking this because I bought a Mosse air filter like forchetto did, and it don't fit perfectly, the filter as the correct part number, but when I compare it to the original one(yellow), the form of the moose seems to be slightly different...
    Thank you
    mario

2. #12 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    I also hate that airfilter box, I cleaned my Quinqi filter and sprayed it with Shell Advance filter Oil, ( off ebay, the cheapest I could find), and boy was it sticky when the solvent evaporated. The whole job of shoving that thing back into the filter box and with two fingers on the same hand trying to screw in the wing screw was a complete night and day mare. The reason, it was sticky and stuck itself to anywhere it touched. To see if it was installed correctly, I tried to lift the bottom edge of the filter to make sure the far unseen side was not folded, but was over the inlet opening, I managed, but it was hard going for the sticky air filter had adhered to the face of the air box leading to the carb. That is when it struck me, why the need for an airfilter with improved bottom edge seal, when a filter with filter oil on it does the job admirably, because believe me filter oil is very sticky but non hardening, it sticks to anything it comes into contact with, including the bottom face of the filter box, I have no worries about unfiltered air getting in, that is for sure.

But be warned, a difficult job becomes nastier with filter oil.
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

3. #13 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    Don't use engine oil, you should try to get proper air filter oil.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #14 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    Sproket did say in his post that the oil he used was filter oil, V. I didn't know that it was sticky, though. I thought it was just, well you know, oily.

5. #15 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    '07 Pioneer Pulse Adrenaline 125, ( XF 125 GY ) Suzuki clone ; K157 FMI engine

6. #16 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi again
    for the last days I have tried to know whicht exact suzuki bike model uses the same filter that pulse adrenaline 125 ( XF125GY). I thought that was the Suzuki DR200SE (like forchetto says), but I ordered a Moose Filter and the filter is slightly different from the original yellow one and the number part is correct. Maybe the filter for the XF200GY is different that for the XF125GY, I really don't know...
    Does anyone know which bike uses the same filter as pulse adrenaline 125 ? Do you know if the suzuki drz-125 is the correct model?
    Thank you
    Mario

7. #17 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    Quote Originally Posted by superfamous View Post
    Hi again
    for the last days I have tried to know whicht exact suzuki bike model uses the same filter that pulse adrenaline 125 ( XF125GY). I thought that was the Suzuki DR200SE (like forchetto says), but I ordered a Moose Filter and the filter is slightly different from the original yellow one and the number part is correct. Maybe the filter for the XF200GY is different that for the XF125GY, I really don't know...
    Does anyone know which bike uses the same filter as pulse adrenaline 125 ? Do you know if the suzuki drz-125 is the correct model?
    Thank you
    Mario
    These fits?
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4273881821 http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=160007586
    Last edited by humanbeing; 04-29-2010 at 11:24 PM.

8. #18 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    hey Mario,
    Have you found the correct air filter for the 125cc??? I have a kreidler 125 supermoto dd, and I've tried to get some air filter, but the one from moose racing won't fit because the hole is centered and on my airfilter box the hole is a little bit higher. Have you tried the moose racing for suzuki drz-125?does it fit?
    many thanks
    Paulo

9. #19 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdose no WC View Post
    hey Mario,
    Have you found the correct air filter for the 125cc??? I have a kreidler 125 supermoto dd, and I've tried to get some air filter, but the one from moose racing won't fit because the hole is centered and on my airfilter box the hole is a little bit higher. Have you tried the moose racing for suzuki drz-125?does it fit?
    many thanks
    Paulo
    Hi Paulo
    Are you from Portugal? I'm asking just because your name seems to be portuguese.

I already had the same problem that you have right now. I also ordered a moose air filter for DR200 and the hole isn't in the same position as the original yellow foam filter. So I just adapted the moose filter by making a new hole in the right position and cover the other hole. It was a solution that I found, but I really want to find the right air filter model.
    Thank you
    Mario

10. #20 Re: Qingqi QM200GY (Qlink, STX, Pulse, etc) alternative air filter 
    hey there Mario..
    Yes i'm Portuguese, the reason I write in English is for everyone to understand...
    In relation to the filter I've bought a twin air filter for yamaha blaster 200...
    it's not the same shape but with a little bit of patience I've inserted it kind'a "perfect"...

What improvements did you notice?with the new air filter!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast