Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 YAMAHA 225 ENGINE PARTS ORDERING INFORMATION 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi everyone!! I'm posting here because I figured you guys would have the most knowledge on the XT/TT/TTR/WR Yamaha 225 type motors... I have a 2008 JIANSHE-YAMAHA 250 sport quad...it has a JIANSHE 229CC motor it is a clone of the Yamaha XT 225 type motor (the frame is a exact same copy of the YFZ450 quad...I order parts for that model when I need replacements)...my dilemma is figuring out exactly what model/years engine to order parts from. I'm not sure if id order from XT/TT/TTR/TW.... I read bits n pieces here n there about this bike model engine n that bike model engine but I'm not that exactly sure!!! I'm reading up on it all but I feel like I need a 225 type engine expert to set me off in the right direction!!! The model numbers on my engine are: JS171FMM-7 and the serial numbers are: *08E00007* and its a 239CC motor (71×58mm bore n stroke...not that I know what that means!! ) and it has a 30mm Teikei CV carburetor with 34/96 pilot/main jets
    I have gone to the JIANSHE website and looked the parts over but there's no pictures!!! They discontinued my model n continue to make two utility models a 250 (with the 229cc motor but it's shaft driven and mine is a chain...not sure if that matters or not...the guy at ATVCHINESEMANUALS told me months ago I had a TIMBERWOLF 250 engine clone bt that model is shaft driven too!!! Maybe he thought I had the utility model when I told him JIANSHE 250...) The JIANSHE parts are also extremely expensive, the same if not more than XT 225 parts!!! I'm just trying to pinpoint the years n model engine I order from...I've not found any other information on Yamaha 225 clone motors... ZONGSHEEN made something similar but it looked like the Honda version... Sorry so long Thanks for an help Matt I will post a few pictures of my engine!! I would love to also find a manual for my motor!!

****ALSO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT LARGER (XT/TTR/TT 250/350 ECT.) MODEL YAMAHA ENGINE WOULD FIT THOSE MOTOR MOUNTS(YFZ450 quad frame) EXACTLY IF ANYONE HAS THAT KNOWLEDGE!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!
    Last edited by bucklove; 08-14-2015 at 11:16 PM.

2. #2 Re: YAMAHA 225 ENGINE PARTS ORDERING INFORMATION 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    https://goo.gl/photos/DgNZA7GWdqgemkit5

Sorry I can only post one picture at a time

3. #3 Re: YAMAHA 225 ENGINE PARTS ORDERING INFORMATION 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob