Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New to the forum 
    Just wanted to say hey to every one.

I stumbled onto this site today doing a little research on my own bike... or should I say the bike I used to own. My lovely little Qingqi QM 200GY was stolen today in broad daylight with about 100 Chinese people sitting around saying they saw nothing. Oh-well, I had it for a wonderful 10 months and she was still going strong with 4000 K/M's on it. So needless to say I'm a little bummed out tonight, but it also give me the excuse to go buy a new one now.

Here are few pics. of my old one, and hopefully in a few weeks I post some pics of my new one.

Living here in China, I stumbled onto the Qingqi and it was a good bike, but now I'm looking some other brands.

This will hopefully help me meet other people here in China, or help a few others that want some info on riding here in this wild ass country.

Later,
    Spoony
    Attached Images

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Welcome. Love the leather flying helmet in the middle photo...
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Welcome to the site Spoony.

QingQi is about to release a new 250cc version, I'm picking up a demo model next week and will be posting a lot of info on how it compares to the older 200GY.

We will expect lots of pictures and ride reports from Xian when you get your new bike.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

I'm looking forward to hearing about the 250, I really want one now, but my work schedule is going to be really crazy for the next two to three months, so hopefull around July I will be able to pick one up here in Xian. I'm heading over to the local Qingqi dealer right now and have a talk with him, or should I say have my wife talk to him since my Chinese is "bo hao".

I read on one of the other threads there were only going to be 10 of these little gems until they decide to start producing them... I have to get a bike by July or I will lose my will to live

Spoon-man...

Sorry to hear about your bike getting jacked, but at least you had it for 10 months! I had some 4 bicycles stolen from me in Chengdu. The first one I got (brand new... big mistake) I didn't even have for thirty minutes... no lie. Thirty minutes. Bought bike, took it to the school cafeteria for lunch and when I came out it was gone.

Hahahaha... stoopid 4ners!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com